Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeak while play?

2 posters

Go down

Squeak while play?  Empty Squeak while play?

Post by Nestmouse Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:02 pm

Over the last two days, I've heard some squeaking from one of the two cages housing my current two mouse boys.
That's so unusual for me that first I thought it was a bird outdoors, and later wondered if one of the exercise wheels had developed a noise.
Later, I was worried about Scott who is very quiet and shy and loves to hide in his big fortress he keeps building from nearly all his bedding.
But tonight I took Scott to the bathtub to play, and before that the other mouse, Jeremy, had been out there for a long time. With him alone in the room, I heard the whistling and squeaking comes from Jeremy while he's playing his favourite game - climbing upside down on the ceiling around his hanging nest.
I only know squeaking from mice either angry or in pain. Why does he squeak while running upside down around the top of his cage? Does anybody know about mouse squeaks?

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Squeak while play?  Empty Re: Squeak while play?

Post by scaredymouse Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

Oh yes, there can definitely be happy chirps. More chirpy than squeaky, in my experience. I've heard the girls chirp when they are getting a really good grooming. And I have recently heard my Tedward chirping. What's funnier is that he stops when I catch him. I think of it like singing in the shower.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Nestmouse Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:41 pm

Yes, it's more like chirping, that's what made me think a bird was at the window.

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down