Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haven't been on in awhile

4 posters

Go down

Haven't been on in awhile Empty Haven't been on in awhile

Post by peas Tue 25 Oct 2016, 3:56 am

Haven't been on in awhile. Thutty (Thutmouse III) died a month or so ago.

She had a bad URI, got over it, then got cancer and died all in like a 3 week span. I probably waited a day too long to put her down as her last day was a bit more suffering than probably needed to be. She did have a good day though for the most part, getting lots of treats and had a really good time running around on my bed. She had a good boost of adrenaline as she had never been on my bed before, so i set up a lot of toys and treats and there were all sorts of dirty clothes and crumbs for her to explore. She perked up really good for an hour or two.

So all that is left of my trio of monsters 8 months later is Nutty. It's hard to believe Wormy and Thutty are gone so fast. I feel like Wormy could have lived if i caught her URI quicker but i guess Thutty was just doomed to a short life regardless.

I mean, it's funny, cause Nutty is the one i had the weakest relationship with. Second time that's happened where the mouse that liked me least of a trio lived the longest. Nutty is learning to love massages though so she's friendlier.

We can't play our little game anymore, mouse invasion, cause there is no other mouses' scent to get on a piece of carboard. She still likes to carry around her cardboard invader but you can tell she's just not that into it. She doesn't get all worked up running around with it in circles and sparking like mad like she just defeated some invader. She kind of goes "this is just cardboard".

I miss my little weirdos. I miss them biting at me cause i smell too much like the other ones. I miss Wormy standing on her cage eyeballing Nutty, like Nutty wouldn't just beat her up again. I miss the sound of 3 wheels going. I miss deciding who gets the comfort wheels (yay) and who gets the one saucer (boo).

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Haven't been on in awhile Empty Re: Haven't been on in awhile

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 25 Oct 2016, 5:49 am

Oh Peas, I know how that feels. My heart aches for my girls sometimes. It just doesn't seem fair when they pass, but that's just what we sign up for when we take in these creatures. Their lifespans are short, and some of them don't make it past a year. But Peas, remember that the story doesn't end here! There are more mice out there who need homes and love and care. Why not get Nutty some new friends? I'm sure she'd love to be a part of a colony again.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 25 Oct 2016, 6:45 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Thutty.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 25 Oct 2016, 10:35 am

Welcome back, peas. I'm sorry about Thutty. Maybe you can give a male mouse a go. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Tue 25 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

Nutty is not the friendly type. Nutty is the least friendly type and seemed to actually take delight in bullying poor Wormy. So friends are out of the question. Plus she got sick today/yesterday so my house is a no go zone for any new mice for atleast a month.

The next one will be a boy. Getting 3 girls was more of an impulse buy, mostly cause Wormy was so bloody cute.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down