Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wodent Wheel

2 posters

Go down

Wodent Wheel Empty Wodent Wheel

Post by mouseman Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion or experience using this wheel with mice. I've heard it highly suggested for hamsters but i worry about mouse tails getting caught in the openings and getting hurt. I just want to know if this wheel is safe/good quality. Thanks for any help.
mouseman
mouseman
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Wishful

Back to top Go down

Wodent Wheel Empty Re: Wodent Wheel

Post by scaredymouse Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:15 pm

It's a good quality wheel. I have a few for my hamsters. There isn't anything that their tails could catch onto with the holes. The worst that would happen is they would flip around in and out of the holes. But I don't think there would be any possible injury.

However... They are a huge pain in the butt to clean, even with hamsters. I can't even imagine how horrible they would be with mice. The wheel is basically enclosed, so it traps all the poop & pee. So for this reason, I wouldn't recommend this wheel for nice.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by mouseman Tue 29 Nov 2016, 8:35 am

scaredymouse wrote:It's a good quality wheel.  I have a few for my hamsters.  There isn't anything that their tails could catch onto with the holes.  The worst that would happen is they would flip around in and out of the holes.  But I don't think there would be any possible injury.

However... They are a huge pain in the butt to clean, even with hamsters.  I can't even imagine how horrible they would be with mice.  The wheel is basically enclosed, so it traps all the poop & pee.  So for this reason, I wouldn't recommend this wheel for nice.

thanks, glad to know. it is a shame they dont make it a little easier of a cleanup but no wheel is perfect honestly. I'll keep this out of my mouse shopping list
mouseman
mouseman
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down