Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leg problems

4 posters

Go down

Leg problems Empty Leg problems

Post by Littlesqueaks Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:48 pm

So earlier this week I went to feed my mice but I did not notice that my mouse rose was hiding when she id usually out and about, I didn't take any thought to it though.The next day i went to pick her up, she had problems fully climbing on.I tried to get her to climb on my other hand but i saw that she couldn't move her hind legs properly. with further examination I found that it was her right hind leg was hard for her to move,her breathing was quick, and the bottom of the right hind foot what bright red.I put her in a smaller cage with less objects she had trouble getting to her food so I got a syringe and fed her carrot baby food and water, I called the vet and set up an appointment. What Else can I do?

ALSO Earlier on the forum I saw a post on first aid kit and there was gatorade and a homemade type version to help hydrate, I can't find it or the recipe could someone give it to me?
Littlesqueaks
Littlesqueaks

Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Leg problems Empty Re: Leg problems

Post by CallaLily Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:41 pm

Here's the first aid kit page: https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t25-health-packet.

I'm not sure if there's anything more you can do beyond making food/water easy to reach and keeping her warm and comfortable, until the vet appointment. I'm glad to hear you've scheduled one. Definitely sounds like a must.  I hope whatever they prescribe has her feeling better fast!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Neon Starfruit Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:41 pm

Really sorry to hear about her leg. All I would suggest is if you have had her for awhile and she is comfortable with you, hold her and make her feel safe an comfortable.
Neon Starfruit
Neon Starfruit
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Confused

https://www.youtube.com/c/neonstarfruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlesqueaks Wed 10 May 2017, 7:16 pm

Sorry its taken me a while to get to this, but shortly after her vet appointment rose passed away. Has been a while and she is very much missed. She was a really sweet mouse and it isn't the same without her
Littlesqueaks
Littlesqueaks

Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 10 May 2017, 8:41 pm

I'm so sorry to hear. Sad

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 10 May 2017, 8:48 pm

Awww, I'm so very sorry to hear that. God bless Rose.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down