Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weak mouse

3 posters

Go down

Weak mouse Empty Weak mouse

Post by Neon Starfruit Thu 01 Dec 2016, 7:06 pm

Yesterday I got a female mouse because I ordered another mouse and it turned out to be female so it needed a buddy. the mouse is currently in quarantine but when it goes on its wheel it goes much slower than my other mouse and my last mouse. It doesn't even seem to be running. It's more like walking around, but even when it does that it stops for 5 seconds. I don't know if it stops to catch its breath or it gets distracted, but either way I was wondering if I need to call a vet??
Neon Starfruit
Neon Starfruit
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Confused

https://www.youtube.com/c/neonstarfruit

Back to top Go down

Weak mouse Empty Re: Weak mouse

Post by EverythingAnimal Thu 01 Dec 2016, 7:39 pm

Has she been having any other symptoms? If all she's doing is going slow on the wheel I wouldn't worry about it, some mice are more like Olympic runners than others. My mice don't usually spend much time on the wheel anymore since I moved them out of quarantine and stuffed their tank with tons of things to climb and rip up. They usually run for a moment, hop off and do something else, than run for another moment if they so please.
EverythingAnimal
EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Neon Starfruit Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:00 pm

Well she has beenhiding alot more and being much more nervous and careful then my other mouse. She also sleeps a lot instead of doing stuff. And my first mouse is sometimes making sniffling sounds. I dont need if she is sniffing or she has like a cold? She sniffles 3 times in rapid succesion, there doesnt seem to be a link when she sniffle, just random
Neon Starfruit
Neon Starfruit
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Confused

https://www.youtube.com/c/neonstarfruit

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 02 Dec 2016, 12:34 am

It is not uncommon for any mouse you bring home to go through something we call Box Shock. It can mimic signs of a cold or the mouse may appear sick. It is also not uncommon for mice to be really timid when they come home. As long as they are eating and drinking and using the wheel at least sometimes... give them 2 weeks to settle in. But if something doesn't seem right, feel free to ask more questions.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum