Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Urgent) Wound on fudge's back??

4 posters

Go down

(Urgent) Wound on fudge's back?? Empty (Urgent) Wound on fudge's back??

Post by Illumimoe666 Sun 04 Dec 2016, 12:23 am

So I was changing their water and food, of course little Fudge comes out to see what i'm doing. I pick her up because she's too cute not to get kisses but then I suddenly notice a wound on Fudges lower back? I'm not sure how she would of gotten it... well, the wound is on the same spot as Winter's cuts when she would get attacked by Tulip. But Tulip is not in the tank, she's currently separated.
I'm pretty sure Fudge did NOT have this wound yesterday. And Tulip has been separated for over a day. And unlike Winters it's a actual wound and not just blood. I haven't noticed no aggression from the other girls. At all. The closest thing I saw to "Aggression" was when Wolf was forcefully sniffing everyone's crotches and ofc Winder and Fudge don't like it. That's pretty much it. I heard no squeaks that would indicate a actual fight. Plus Fudge never got into legit fights, maybe some dominance stuff, but definitely not one that would cause a wound like this. Fortunately she's not acting like she's in any pain. Her behavior is the same. Also when I touched the wound it was dry and hard and no blood so I'm pretty sure it's a scab. I don't know if I should separate her, I mean, I rather separate the one who's being mean to her, but again, i'm not 100% sure who it is yet or how she even got it.
I have hydrogen Peroxide in liquid form and cream form, but I don't want to rub that in her wound yet unless I know it's safe. Plus she'll just lick it, unless I bandage it which i'm not sure how I should bandage a mouse.

Also, a vet is NOT a option right now :/. Fortunately She's doing fine and there's no blood or anything.
This is the best pic I could get because she was moving too much
(Urgent) Wound on fudge's back?? 2643w3s
Man, this has been a unusual couple weeks with my mice. Even tho nothing legitimately serious has happened. Let's hope this is the last injury/bullied related post I make in a while. For now i'm just going to take out all of their stuff besides the basic necessities (Food, Water, their wheel etc)

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

http://middyrose.deviantart.com or middyrose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(Urgent) Wound on fudge's back?? Empty Re: (Urgent) Wound on fudge's back??

Post by Peachy Sun 04 Dec 2016, 1:31 am

No peroxide. If it needs cleaned, just use soap and warm water. You can apply Neosporin Plus, but that usually irritates my mice more than it soothes them. Undecided

Unless you're watching these girls 24/7, it's totally possible that something got out of hand. It sounds like you've got a good plan, I wouldn't separate her either. Since you don't know who to blame, all you can really do is just keep a close on eye on everyone and watch for any aggressive behavior or new injuries. Make sure the cage isn't too big, that can sometimes contribute to territorial spats if you're still working on taming up your mice.

Colony issues are no fun to deal with. Good luck getting everyone to settle down.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 04 Dec 2016, 3:29 am

I just wanted to say that I agree with everything Peachy said. The wound has a nice healthy looking scab, I would leave it alone. I try not to put any ointments on my mice, it just makes them want to lick the area more. Keep an eye on them and see if you can determine the culprit. Hopefully things settle down soon. Ladies can be tricky sometimes!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 Tue 06 Dec 2016, 1:06 pm

Alright thank you both! Fortunately it seems to be healing well!

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 06 Dec 2016, 2:11 pm

Glad that it is healing well? But something that concerns me is you noted that a vet is not an option. I'm not sure if you realize how serious that can be? What are you going to do if you have a legitimate emergency?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 Tue 27 Dec 2016, 6:54 am

Of course I'd them to the vet! But where I live a vet that takes care of rodents is very very hard to come by.

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum