Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Bin Cages Info Page

Go down

DIY Bin Cages Info Page Empty DIY Bin Cages Info Page

Post by Unicorn Sun 15 Jan 2017, 5:33 pm

I thought I'd share this here because I see a couple of posts asking about them.

I've made 3 home-made bin cages to date- won't be my last, either. They're fun to design, make, and decorate, easy, much cheaper than a lot of commercial solutions, and solve a lot of the problems I've had with other cage types over the years. My hamster, Hodag, lives in a 2-tier bin cage and eventually I'm making another for Flynn to be moved to as well. I'm just keeping him in the smaller tank until he's fully tame because otherwise he might be tempted to hide from me all the time, which would be easy if he had twice the space!

Here's a resource page I made for a rescue I fostered rodents with- it has all the basics! http://bowlofserial.net/bincage.html

If anybody has questions I'll do my best to address them.

I think they are a great solution either replacing or supplementing an existing setup. They're cost effective, lightweight, and just a lot of fun. You can use the same principles to create smaller bins used for transport or a place to chill while you're cleaning the main house.

You don't need to be particularly handy to make them, they're easy as pie, I promise! Here are some shots of Hodag's current digs.

DIY Bin Cages Info Page 30041601862_5acb03966e_c

DIY Bin Cages Info Page 30120777616_f9d1bfd0d4_c

DIY Bin Cages Info Page 30041606552_7126a3af06_c

Happy crafting!
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum