Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions!

4 posters

Go down

Introductions! Empty Introductions!

Post by scaredymouse Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

I introduced Jellybean, Shuggie, and Bitsy to Fred (female) and Sally yesterday and it was fairly unremarkable.  No real chasing/fighting... this was more of an aggressive sniffing type of meeting.  I think these kinds of intros are adorable.  One mouse just stands there, literally on her hind feet, with paw up like she's been stopped by the cops.  And all the other mice just swoop in a sniff.  Then she squeaks.  So funny.  If this goes on too long, I have a thing I do that seems to help.  It was born out of frustration but anyway, here it is.  I pick up the sniffer and the sniffee and hold them together.  They know they are safe and they can sniff all they want.  I hold them close too, so their scents get all over each other.  It speeds up the process, I think.  Anyway, I checked on them a few hours later and they were in the coconut.  Another successful intro!

Prior to intro, I switched their coconuts, so at the end of this first night together, they probably both felt like this was their coconut and hopped in together.  Who knows, they're mice!  But whatever I'm doing seems to be working!  I'm all for neutral territory for first meetings but when I plop they in their tank, I really think that they new kids should have something that smells like home... it evens the playing field.

Anyway, here is my neutral territory, very basic.  Then my family tank, which in this case has 3 wheels in it.  Both groups really love their mesh wheel, so I had room to put 2.  The saucer is for jellybean, that's more her speed.  I got a great pic of Sally with her hands up!  And of course a snuggle pic.  Jellybean has turned into a bit of a Gilly.  She's just there to snuggle.

Introductions! Wp_20103

Introductions! Wp_20105

Introductions! Wp_20104

Introductions! Wp_20106
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Introductions! Empty Re: Introductions!

Post by Peachy Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm

I'm glad everything went so smoothly, no troubles with bitten butts or faces. lol That picture with Sally is the cutest. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm

That's awesome!

I read somewhere that the hands up thing is a submissive pose for mice. Makes for a cute pic. Sally looks so tubby. Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Mar 2017, 11:03 pm

Bitsy is the sweetest thing now! So gentle and snuggly, with me and the other mice. So no more butt biting!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

CallaLily wrote:I read somewhere that the hands up thing is a submissive pose for mice.  Makes for a cute pic. Sally looks so tubby. Heart

When I introduced the duo, Tara and Cordelia, to the trio of Anya, Buffy and Willow way back when, Cordelia immediately assumed the hands up position and was accepted relatively quickly by the three "mean girls" while poor Tara was tormented for weeks before being accepted --- guess it works and Cordelia (and Sally) opted for the short-cut.
MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum