Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prolapsed rectum in young mouse?

2 posters

Go down

Prolapsed rectum in young mouse? Empty Prolapsed rectum in young mouse?

Post by pumpkinmouse Thu 11 May 2017, 3:17 pm

Just adopted a fairly young mouse who I've noticed is wandering around with a prolapsed rectum. When she's picked up so I can get a better look at it, she seemingly pulls it back in? Then when she's back in the play bin it's out again. She's obviously able to correct it herself, so I'm wondering if this will improve with age as she gains more muscle control or if there's something that can be done for her. It seems like it's out when she's totally comfortable & retracts back in when she's more wary - since she's new to being held. Her bum looks completely normal when it's not out, albeit there seems to be some clear liquid in or around it.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Prolapsed rectum in young mouse? Empty Re: Prolapsed rectum in young mouse?

Post by pumpkinmouse Thu 11 May 2017, 3:38 pm

I feel like I should add - she acts completely normal. Playful, bright eyes, ears always up, eats & drinks & goes to the bathroom normally. Very receptive little mouse. Doesn't seem to bother her at all

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 11 May 2017, 5:00 pm

In my opinion, a vet trip is required in this situation. Mice hide illness/pain very well. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down