Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe and Unsafe mouse materials

2 posters

Go down

Safe and Unsafe mouse materials Empty Safe and Unsafe mouse materials

Post by Noonicorn Fri 18 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

Okay so, full disclosure, my mouse is a 3 week old rescued house mouse. I figure house mice and fancy mice are likely similar in terms of materials that can be used for them. I am wondering if someone can provide me with a list of safe and unsafe materials for mice?? I know a few but I want to be sure!! I'm mostly talking in terms of diy toys, what dyes, paints, papers, woods, glues and such are safe and unsafe?? What craft materials can and cannot be used? Thank you!!

Noonicorn

Back to top Go down

Safe and Unsafe mouse materials Empty Re: Safe and Unsafe mouse materials

Post by CallaLily Fri 18 Aug 2017, 9:14 pm

Off the top of my head: Popsicle sticks, sisal, jute, raffia, hemp, fleece, felt, hot glue, elmers glue, mod podge, food coloring, newspaper, blank printer paper, construction paper, tissue paper, toilet paper, paper towels, cardboard (not from freezer items). Aspen, basswood, apple, java, cork, cholla, manzanita, rubberwood, ash, grapevine, willow (not white), bamboo, kiln dried white pine.  All safe. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down