Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy social mouse?

4 posters

Go down

Crazy social mouse? Empty Crazy social mouse?

Post by jubilee Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:46 am

So I picked up a little female from Petco a week or two ago.  I chose her because she climbed into my hand as I was pointing at another mouse in the cage. She and Phoebe get along great after a few scuffles.

However, Sam is reeeeeeeeeeallly friendly.  When I walk into the room, she puts her little paws on the front of the cage and makes these cute little tiny speaks of... joy?  If I take of the cage top, she spins around under where my hand is as if she is excited and waiting for me to put my hand down.  When I put my hand in the cage, or sapphire ladder, she jumps into my hand or sprints up the ladder to get up to me.  She loves climbing around my shoulders and arms or hiding in my hair.  Is this normal for a mouse???  She will literally BEG to be handled. My veterinarian parents are (jokingly) saying that she has brain damage.  But I am starting to wonder if its true!! However, she is a dear, sweet little thing. I am just wondering if this is normal mousy behavior.

Love
jubilee
jubilee

Leo Cold

Back to top Go down

Crazy social mouse? Empty Re: Crazy social mouse?

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

jubilee wrote:So I picked up a little female from Petco a week or two ago.  I chose her because she climbed into my hand as I was pointing at another mouse in the cage. She and Phoebe get along great after a few scuffles.

However, Sam is reeeeeeeeeeallly friendly.  When I walk into the room, she puts her little paws on the front of the cage and makes these cute little tiny speaks of... joy?  If I take of the cage top, she spins around under where my hand is as if she is excited and waiting for me to put my hand down.  When I put my hand in the cage, or sapphire ladder, she jumps into my hand or sprints up the ladder to get up to me.  She loves climbing around my shoulders and arms or hiding in my hair.  Is this normal for a mouse???  She will literally BEG to be handled. My veterinarian parents are (jokingly) saying that she has brain damage.  But I am starting to wonder if its true!! However, she is a dear, sweet little thing. I am just wondering if this is normal mousy behavior.

Love

What a wonderful little mouse!  I have heard on the forum some people mention this about a new mouse. But I don't think it happens all that often.  So you sure got lucky to have a sweet little mouse from the get go, with no training necessary! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:42 pm

Yep, it happens sometimes! Just count your blessings and enjoy your new little furiend. Just like people, every now and they you run across a super friendly one! I've come home with quite a few little friends that just weren't afraid... they were just all curiosity. Have fun!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

Yep, what they said. Daryl was like that. I miss the little guy. Don't get me wrong, my girls have been great. Just not as interested in me. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down