Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat?

4 posters

Go down

Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat? Empty Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat?

Post by Illumimoe666 Tue 20 Sep 2016, 5:40 pm

We have honeysuckle flowers growing in our backyard. We sometimes drink the nectar inside the flower so it's safe. I'm wondering if its safe for Mice too?
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

http://middyrose.deviantart.com or middyrose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat? Empty Re: Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat?

Post by scaredymouse Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:47 pm

Ah, honeysuckle! So, I'm fairly certain that it poses no danger to mice. However, it is really too sugary for mice. So, it would probably be best to save them for yourself!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat? Empty Re: Are honeysuckles nectar ok for mice to eat?

Post by Illumimoe666 Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:06 am

scaredymouse wrote:Ah, honeysuckle!  So, I'm fairly certain that it poses no danger to mice.  However, it is really too sugary for mice.  So, it would probably be best to save them for yourself!

Thank you Smile What about the flower itself? Same thing?
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nioa Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:31 am

I can't imagine it would be much more sugary than a bit of apple, but then again I can't tell you what the sugar content of a honeysuckle flower is.

Be sure to check if anyone is using pesticides on them though!
Nioa
Nioa

Scorpio Pokemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 21 Sep 2016, 7:41 am

This was a question I had over on TFM. Norman's Mom said it depends on the variety of honeysuckle and recommended it was better to be safe than sorry and avoid it. Further research I've done pretty much tells me the same thing.

I can't access that forum anymore but I quoted her from there here.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 Wed 21 Sep 2016, 6:41 pm

Cool. Thanks for the reply Smile
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down