Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open?

4 posters

Go down

Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open? Empty Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open?

Post by Illumimoe666 Sun 25 Sep 2016, 9:27 pm

Marshmellow, a mouse I've had for months now, seems to rest/sleep with her eyes opened. She's always done this i've had her but for some reason it just licked in my brain "Wait a minute.." lol. She isn't a special breed or anything. Just a normal mouse. She does sometimes close to eyes if shes legitimately sleeping for the day/night, but often her eyes are just wide opened. And it's not because i'm close to the tank or anything, its always like this. Usually when my mice are resting their eyes will be atleast slightly closed but hers stay wide opened. Just wondering if its not a big deal
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

http://middyrose.deviantart.com or middyrose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open? Empty Re: Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open?

Post by Peachy Sun 25 Sep 2016, 10:12 pm

I think someone else was talking about their mouse sleeping with their eyes open, too. Can't remember who or when... it's too bad we can't search! lol
I wouldn't think it's a big deal, just a fun little quirk. Maybe she's daydreaming! Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open? Empty Re: Mouse sleeps/rest with her eyes open?

Post by scaredymouse Mon 26 Sep 2016, 12:26 am

My little man, Goose, she's with his eyes open all the time. We've scared the life out of each other on more than one occasion. I'll see him in his hammock with his eyes open, so I walk over to the tank and say Goobie!, and he has literally done a back flip and fallen out of the hammock before... You know, because he was asleep and I scared the crap out of him. It took some getting used to but I don't sneak up on him anymore. If his eyes are open, I wave my hand in his face before making any noise.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:05 am

scaredymouse wrote:My little man, Goose, she's with his eyes open all the time.  We've scared the life out of each other on more than one occasion.  I'll see him in his hammock with his eyes open, so I walk over to the tank and say Goobie!, and he has literally done a back flip and fallen out of the hammock before... You know, because he was asleep and I scared the crap out of him.  It took some getting used to but I don't sneak up on him anymore.  If his eyes are open, I wave my hand in his face before making any noise.

Aww xD There's been a couple times where I accidently scare lil marshmallow. I guess its just a lil quirk Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

http://middyrose.deviantart.com or middyrose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 27 Sep 2016, 6:23 pm

My mouse, Rogue, does this too. I think that it depends on what kind of sleep they are in, because I've seen him sleeping with his eyes closed as well as open. The one time I walked by Rogue's tank and he was sandwiched between the glass and his puzzle house. His eyes were open, but he was completely still. I took the lid off his tank and he didn't respond, which is when I had a mini heart attack thinking that he was dead. I put my hand into the tank near his nose and he immediately jolted "awake", sniffed my hand, and moved out from the corner. I think he was sleeping, but who knows, mabye he was just having a really intense daydream of eating Cheerios and Peanut butter inside a nest made of the finest shredded newspaper.
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down