Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

still sneezing after 7 weeks?

5 posters

Go down

still sneezing after 7 weeks? Empty still sneezing after 7 weeks?

Post by lupus_corde Mon 26 Sep 2016, 5:09 am

I don't understand! My mice are still sneezing, some weeks its better than others, surely if it was a URI they would be even more ill than now? They are active and are normal apart from the sneezing! I swapped the bedding out one week, took out all wooden things the next and this week one part of food they were on... I just don't get it... whats wrong with them? Could anyone give there opinions to what this could be?

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

still sneezing after 7 weeks? Empty Re: still sneezing after 7 weeks?

Post by MouseLover Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:10 am

I had a situation like this once. My opinion/observation: I think sometimes mice can get chronic but mild respiratory infections - almost like a cold that they just can't seem to get rid of. It's nothing serious in itself, but has the potential to develop into something nastier if left untreated. It would be worth taking the mice to the vet and getting them on a course of antibiotics to see if that helps.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:42 am

Sarah kept sneezing for a few weeks after her antibiotics course was up. It eventually cleared up.

I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as they don't seem ill otherwise. One possibility is that they may be allergic to something in their cage or even near their cage. Something to consider.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 26 Sep 2016, 5:32 pm

Could it be just a normal part of their vocalization? If they're all related, there's a chance they have the same sort of vocalization.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:30 pm

I have heard from another member that doing another round of antibiotics while also giving them probiotics like yogurt can help to squash a recurring URI.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum