Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about sunseed vita parakeet food

3 posters

Go down

Question about sunseed vita parakeet food Empty Question about sunseed vita parakeet food

Post by Barbiefly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 2:01 am

I just bought a bag of sunseed vita for my boy Podo and I noticed when reading the ingredients that it has some chamomile flower in it. Chamomile is listed in the foods to avoid list and I was wondering why it's on that list. I know this is a recommended food so I am thinking it should be safe? Thanks
Barbiefly
Barbiefly

Zen

Back to top Go down

Question about sunseed vita parakeet food Empty Re: Question about sunseed vita parakeet food

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 08 Jan 2017, 2:53 am

I may have missed it, but I looked over the ingredients online twice and didn't see that. Are you sure you read it right, and are you sure you have the right food? Again, I just kind of skimmed over and may have missed it. But, was it closer to the bottom or the top? I'm not sure of the reason that is under food to avoid, because I don't really know what it is, but maybe the way they use it in the food isn't bad?

Question about sunseed vita parakeet food Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Question about sunseed vita parakeet food Empty Re: Question about sunseed vita parakeet food

Post by Barbiefly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 2:52 pm

Yes, I'm looking at the bag. It's Sunseed Vita Prima Sunscription parakeet formula and chamomile flower is about 1/4 the of the way down in the ingredients list.
Barbiefly
Barbiefly

Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 08 Jan 2017, 5:28 pm

It's on that list just because a very experienced mouse owner on the old forum recommended avoiding it. I should point out again that originally I was only compiling that list for my own personal use. I never expected it to become a sticky. It's not in any way complete and many things are listed as avoid just to err on the safe side.

In small amounts I personally don't think it's a concern, but so far I can't find any sources to prove it. I've used a parakeet mix that also had it for over a year and never had a problem. Of course it was very low on the ingredient list, well after many vitamins and minerals so we're probably talking about less than 2% in the mix.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down