Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here!

+3
AnonymousMouseOwner
Mice Are Cute
CocoCappuccino
7 posters

Go down

Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here! Empty Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here!

Post by CocoCappuccino Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:43 pm

I have owned hamsters for a few years, and now I am getting into mice. My family has owned mice years ago, but I have never owned any myself. My Chinese hamster, Coco, recently passed away...I have been looking for some more fuzzy friends.

I use Hamster Hideout at the moment, my name is the same as it is here. I have done lots of research using this website, and I have come to a conslusion: I am planning on adopting a trio of girls in a 10 gallon tank, although I may upgrade to my 620 sq. in. bin cage, which is equal to a 50 gallon tank. It may be big, but I plan on packing it with toys so there are no exposure areas that can scare them in any way. If they do not do well in that, I will move them back into the 10 gallon or use my spare bin cage that is 250 sq inches (I will have to measure again.)

Anyway, I currently own 2 dogs, a corn snake (I humanely feed him mice, I do not support using petsore snake food. I know this is a mouse forum, but I will NOT feed any pet mice to him.), I also own a male Betta fish along with other kinds of fish, with chickens and ducks. I hope I'm welcome here, any advice is always wanted! Smile
CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here! Empty Re: Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here!

Post by Mice Are Cute Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

Welcome! I just got some chickens a few days ago! I hope you like the forum! Very Happy

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here! Empty Re: Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

Welcome! It's me, HamsterMouse! Smile

Welcome Crew

Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here! Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoCappuccino Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:57 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Welcome! It's me, HamsterMouse! Smile

Welcome Crew

Hey! I also read the post about the neutered/spayed mice. Since I'm new, I may just stick with females first Laugh This forum supports breeding?
CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoCappuccino Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:58 pm

Mice Are Cute wrote:Welcome! I just got some chickens a few days ago! I hope you like the forum! Very Happy

Awesome! Thanks for welcoming me here Yay
CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:05 pm

CocoCappuccino wrote:

Welcome Crew

Hey! I also read the post about the neutered/spayed mice. Since I'm new, I may just stick with females first Laugh This forum supports breeding?
That sounds like a good idea!

I wouldn't say "supports breeding". I'd say "Is fine with responsible breeding". We have a whole article on what it takes to be considered a responsible breeder, and it isn't easy to be one. To be a responsible breeder, one must have a reason to breed, a way to find good homes for all of the mice they don't have room for, track lines well, know genetics, and lots more. There's more about it here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t31-so-you-think-you-want-to-start-a-mousery

Hello! Possibly a new mouse owner here! Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoCappuccino Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:17 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
CocoCappuccino wrote:

Welcome Crew

That sounds like a good idea!

I wouldn't say "supports breeding". I'd say "Is fine with responsible breeding". We have a whole article on what it takes to be considered a responsible breeder, and it isn't easy to be one. To be a responsible breeder, one must have a reason to breed, a way to find good homes for all of the mice they don't have room for, track lines well, know genetics, and lots more. There's more about it here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t31-so-you-think-you-want-to-start-a-mousery

Ah I see, I wasn't planning on it, at least for now. I would need to talk with that guy that my dad knows about it. I will read the link anyway, just to get extra knowledge. If I do decide to breed, my reason would be because of animal mills. They improperly breed, and I would rather breed them myself so I will know they are correctly bred and happy. Thanks for the warnings Bliss
CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:37 pm

Welcome to the forum. Mouse Wave

To reiterate what AMO said, you definitely would not be driven away for breeding responsibly. But we do like to see mouse parents who are knowledgeable beyond the "basics" before they breed... for reasons benefiting both the mice AND the owner (as well as any future owners).

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Be sure to show off your girls when you get them! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoCappuccino Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:42 pm

Peachy wrote:Welcome to the forum. Mouse Wave

To reiterate what AMO said, you definitely would not be driven away for breeding responsibly. But we do like to see mouse parents who are knowledgeable beyond the "basics" before they breed... for reasons benefiting both the mice AND the owner (as well as any future owners).

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Be sure to show off your girls when you get them! Smile

Of course, I am dedicated to become a responsible breeder one day, but for now I will do my research and my precautions. (I don't think my parents would like the smell.) I was thinking about getting 3 albino sisters, and I will surley upload pictures if I decide to get them, thanks Laughing !!
CocoCappuccino
CocoCappuccino

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:04 pm

Welcome! Welcome Crew
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 04 Sep 2017, 4:29 am

Welcome to the forum!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 04 Sep 2017, 7:13 am

Welcome Sign

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum