Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female mice playing or fighting?

2 posters

Go down

Female mice playing or fighting? Empty Female mice playing or fighting?

Post by ky210 Mon 12 Mar 2018, 1:19 am

My two female mice seem to be chasing each other around and sniffing each other, but there hasn't been any squeaking or wounds from what I see. I just want to make sure that they're getting along. It makes me nervous seeing them chase each other for some readon, and some reassurance would be great.

ky210

Back to top Go down

Female mice playing or fighting? Empty Re: Female mice playing or fighting?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 12 Mar 2018, 3:35 am

Chasing and sniffing is definitely normal. I wouldn't worry unless it looks like they are biting each other. Even a little bit of loud squeaking is normal. The rule you want to follow is "no blood, no problem".

The chasing and sniffing is how mice figure out who is who. Since mice depend on smell more than sight, they sniff each other to figure out which mouse is which. Chasing can be mice figuring out their place in the colony and trying to show that they are dominant, or sometimes they just chase because they didn't get to sniff a mouse good enough and are trying to catch up to them so they can get a sniff Smile

Female mice playing or fighting? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down