Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank size

4 posters

Go down

Tank size  Empty Tank size

Post by fancymice Wed 18 Apr 2018, 4:42 pm

Will a 10 gallon tank be ok to house three female fancy mice?
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Tank size  Empty Re: Tank size

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:30 pm

You can but it is very small, if you are able to upgrade to a 20 gallon it would be a lot better. 10 gallons can has a limit of 3 mice so they would be very squished. You could join it up to another cage or tank to make it a bigger space?
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:31 pm

Oops.
I meant.... 10 gallons can house a limit of 3 mice...
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse Wed 18 Apr 2018, 10:26 pm

like chinchillasxoxo said, 10 gallons is the absolute minimum you could house 3 females in. if you havent bought it already it definitely pays to get at least a 20 gallon. if you have already got a 10 gallon tank you could get another 10 gallon tank (or bigger) and connect them with tubes.

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Fri 20 Apr 2018, 3:35 pm

Jadamouse wrote:like chinchillasxoxo said, 10 gallons is the absolute minimum you could house 3 females in. if you havent bought it already it definitely pays to get at least a 20 gallon. if you have already got a 10 gallon tank you could get another 10 gallon tank (or bigger) and connect them with tubes.
I have a large plastic bin, that's tall enough so that they can't get out. My new mouse is in there right now, but eventually hopefully she'll live with my other two mice, so can I use that bin? And should I connect it with like hamster tubes?
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 20 Apr 2018, 5:48 pm

I wouldn't connect cages together with tubes if you have a group of females. Connecting cages can make females become territorial, split into different groups, and each group would fight any mouse that doesn't belong on "their" territory. It's better to have one continuous space for them.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down