Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACV

3 posters

Go down

ACV Empty ACV

Post by pattgal Sun 20 May 2018, 12:57 pm

Ive heard some ppl say ACV is good in water to help keep males urine scent low and act as a probiotic.
My question is what are the pros and cons of this? and what problems would arise if they were given a too high dose?
pattgal
pattgal
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Creative

Back to top Go down

ACV Empty Re: ACV

Post by GGMouseCare Sun 20 May 2018, 1:33 pm

By ACV, do you mean Apple Cider Vinegar??
GGMouseCare
GGMouseCare

Virgo Sleepy

https://GGMouseCare.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pattgal Sun 20 May 2018, 1:35 pm

Correct
pattgal
pattgal
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by GGMouseCare Sun 20 May 2018, 1:40 pm

Yes, I've done this for my mice, but only for a while. Don't put a lot in their water maybe only a few drops (depending on the size of the bottle) or else they might refuse to drink their water. My mice were especially picky so it didn’t work this well for me. Apple cider vinegar is best. This worked, but then I changed my bedding from Carefresh to Kaytee because the Carefresh has a “farmy??” smell to it. It was also dustier. Also, when you clean their cage, use hot water and vinegar as well. That should help eliminate odor. I hope this helps!
(Although you may want to get a second opinion)

Edit: The reason why I stopped doing this is because my mice were really picky and I didn’t notice much of a difference in their urine. But it’s great for their immune systems.

Last edited by GGMouseCare on Sun 20 May 2018, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GGMouseCare
GGMouseCare

Virgo Sleepy

https://GGMouseCare.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pattgal Sun 20 May 2018, 1:43 pm

That is the hopes, lol. I had a conversation about it with the pet store clerk and she said to much might create problems. It never dawned on me that there could be such a thing lol.
pattgal
pattgal
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 21 May 2018, 9:37 am

Adding things to their water can cause them to not drink as much as they should be. So be mindful of that. I don’t have experience with this so I have no idea if it’ll help with odor.  

I do find a good seed mix goes a long way with how they smell. A junky food seems to = stinkier waste.  Also filtered water can help I hear. There are some more tips to odor control here: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t36-cleaning-odor-and-bedding.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum