Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bitsy came home! We did it!

+4
CallaLily
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
scaredymouse
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bitsy came home!  We did it!  Empty Bitsy came home! We did it!

Post by scaredymouse Tue 14 Jun 2016, 10:48 pm

I was going to try introductions again this weekend, but Bitsy was in such good spirits today that I did it today.  Since we were in uncharted territory anyway, I didn't think another couple of days would make a difference.  Anyway, I put them together in neutral territory for about 20 minutes and I didin't hear one squeak and no one chased anyone else.  Then I put them in my colony's tank.  I did this on purpose, I wanted Bitsy to be the outsider which I felt would be okay in this instance since they already knew her.  It went perfectly.  I broke like every rule of introductions but it was careful calculated since I know these mice so well.

Delilah, Bitsy and Jellybean had a meeting and seemed to have worked everything out. Gilly went around and made sure everyone still knew that she was boss.  And then everyone took a nap.  Bitsy isn't ready to climb in the nest yet but it's only been a couple hours.  I expect to find them snuggled by morning.  I couldn't be happier.  Bitsy hasn't shown any aggression to Jelly and Jelly has been very friendly to Bits.  Jump Hearts  Confetti

Bitsy has her family back Group Hug   Here is everyone in the super fun playground.  I'll get better pictures as soon as the cuddles begin!

Bitsy came home!  We did it!  Wp_20124
Bitsy came home!  We did it!  Wp_20122

This picture cracks me up.  It looks like Bitsy is in jail.  She's not ready to get in the nest yet, but she's happy to be nearby.

Bitsy came home!  We did it!  Wp_20123
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Bitsy came home!  We did it!  Empty Re: Bitsy came home! We did it!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 14 Jun 2016, 10:59 pm

Awesome! Glad everything went well! I broke quite a few introduction "rules" when I introduced my mice last week and they are happy together so far Smile. So I guess it just depends on the mice.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 14 Jun 2016, 11:17 pm

Oh, yay Bitsy!! That last picture is the cutest. She must feel ashamed for throwing such a tantrum. lol Hope she decides to join them soon! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 15 Jun 2016, 7:06 am

Yay! So glad it's working out. I don't think I've said it before, but I love your idea of turning a kiddie pool into a small animal playground. I noticed the sand bath. Do the mice make use of it like a hamster would?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:41 am

No, not at all. They get in it just to feel the same between their toes but hop right back out. Most of the time, I take it out and make use of the space with something the mice can actually play with. I only clean the pool about once every month or two, and since I have a whole critter room, I just leave it set up nice since I like to take pictures Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:53 am

I just found Bitsy sleeping in the nest with Furgie, everyone else was having breakfast. And earlier, she was sleeping with Deedee and Jelly in the hammock And they lived happily ever after. The end.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:24 am

Hooray for Bitsy! That playground looks super fun! I love the colour of your flying saucer, I've not seen it in that colour before Shocked

As for breaking rules, I have also broken rules for introductions before - sometimes when you know your mice very well, you know you need to tip the balance in favour of a certain mouse to level the playing field.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:25 am

scaredymouse wrote:And they lived happily ever after.  The end.

Hooray! Dance

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 3:03 pm

Oooh, that flying saucer color is brand new at Petco.  Of course, I had to buy a couple!

So, the picture that everyone has been waiting for.... not the best quality... but it will fill your heart with joy...  If you look closely, you can see five happy mice!  And lil Bits is sleeping on top of lil Jelly. I'm the alpha! No little mouse is gonna have a hissy fit and disturb my colony! Alpha mom solves problems Cheer

Bitsy came home!  We did it!  Wp_20131
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 15 Jun 2016, 3:11 pm

Heart Eyes Soo cute!

I've been eyeing that color saucer at Petco. I want it so bad but just couldn't justify buying it when I already have 2 saucers and 2 regular wheels. Jealous!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 15 Jun 2016, 3:16 pm

Aww!! What a happy ending!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 15 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm

Aaaw that is such a sweet picture, especially with Bitsy and Jelly snuggled right on top of each other Very Happy mice are so sweet and forgiving. Happy days! Jump Hearts

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Wed 15 Jun 2016, 6:10 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else just wanna hug the pile of mice in the last picture!?!? Also, I'm glad the introduction went smoothly Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 15 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm

So sweet. Hearts
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 7:37 pm

Mice are the best!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next