Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lone female for over a year?

3 posters

Go down

lone female for over a year? Empty lone female for over a year?

Post by kerensky Fri 14 Sep 2018, 7:09 am

I've had my pet fancy mouse for over a year now and had assumed she was a he (mainly because I requested a male from the pet shop and they confirmed his/her gender, oops!) so the mouse has been kept alone since I bought it. I recently noticed nipples on it even though male mice aren't supposed to have them(?) so I checked for testicles and what I thought were the testicles is just a bit of loose skin. Should I buy a couple of female mice and attempt to bond them to my current mouse? Or would it be too confusing for my mouse considering she's been alone for almost the entirety of her life?

kerensky

Back to top Go down

lone female for over a year? Empty Re: lone female for over a year?

Post by Peachy Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:02 am

If you're sure you've got a female it would definitely be worth a try to introduce her to some friends!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teramis Sat 22 Sep 2018, 2:51 pm

Absolutely! Female mice are psychologically and biologically hard-wired to live in a colony with the close companionship of others. While they can live alone (as yours obviously has) its not the optimal situation for their health and wellbeing. She may not know what to make of another at first, but she will be delighted (sooner or later!) and you'll know it the first time you see her snuggled up sleeping with her new friend/s.

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down