Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which tank to get!?

5 posters

Go down

Which tank to get!? Empty Which tank to get!?

Post by lupus_corde Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:01 pm

Right so as some of you already know, I should be getting mice soon. One problem the tank I was going to get was a miss print on the website and no one actually stocks it. So i'm left with two options; 50cmx40cmx40cm tank. (floor space is 320in2) and 60cmx30cmx45cm tank. (floor space is 288in2) They are both around 20 gallons. Here are some pictures of them (I cut out the length and width from paper) The one with less floor space is £10 more.Which tank to get!? GetPart?uid=3500&partId=3&scope=STANDARD&saveAs=20160620_182427
^^^ this one is the 50cmx40cmx40cm one
Which tank to get!? GetPart?uid=3500&partId=2&scope=STANDARD&saveAs=20160620_182314
^^^ and this is the 60cmx30cmx45cm one

Which one is the better? the wider thinner one (288in floor space) or the Not so lengthy but has more depth tank? (320in floor space)

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Which tank to get!? Empty Re: Which tank to get!?

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:47 am

Id say the one with a bigger width. You can fit bigger toys in.
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 21 Jun 2016, 2:06 am

The pictures didn't show up and your centimeters are throwing me off! So, without seeing the pictures... I would actually say that the one mostly resembles a rectangle would be nice. I have 20g long tanks and I'm very happy with my ability to fit two different kinds of wheels in there and lots of toys.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:18 am

So 19.5 x 15.7 inches (and 15.7 inches tall) OR 23.5 x 11.8 inches (17.7 inches tall).

Sorry, had to convert it to inches to better picture it.  I honestly think either would be just fine. I would go with whichever fits your space and budget best.  Height isn't as important, so long as a proper sized wheel can fit in, though it can be fun to have more buildable climbing space. I have read that there can be some concern with air flow when you get into the taller tanks.  Just something to keep in mind.

The 23.5 x 11.8 has a very similar footprint to my 15 gallon aquarium (24 x 12) and I know my girls have had plenty of room for wheels and toys in it, when I had them there. The wider tank is intriguing though. About the same length as a 10 gallon (20 x 10) but much wider. Could be nice.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:24 am

I agree that either would be fine Smile Just a thought though - do you definitely want a tank over a cage? You are in the UK, we some great cages available here with mouse-safe bar spacing Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:51 am

I'm pretty sure I prefer tanks, this one has front and side ventilation as it is a terrarium. I saw my local pet store keeps there mice in one of these so I know it is mouse-friendly Smile Also the only cages my local pet stores have are those ones with loads of tubes or are too small. I think i'm going to go with the 50cmx40cm ( 20in x 16in )one because it has more floor space (200cm squared or 80 inches squared difference) and Is £10 cheaper! It is 40cm high which is 15.7 inches Thanks for advice guys! Can't wait to get some mice soon!!!

lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:58 am

also sorry for the pictures, they were working yesterday. Neutral

Which tank to get!? Pic_110
Which tank to get!? Pic_210

Hope they work now, they work in preview Smile

lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

lupus_corde wrote:I'm pretty sure I prefer tanks, this one has front and side ventilation as it is a terrarium.

Cool! Most of the terrariums here don't have side ventilation, only the lid. Please share pics when you have it all set up.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:37 pm

I'll be sure to do so Smile

lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down