Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

baby mice is not doing poop

4 posters

Go down

baby mice is not doing poop Empty baby mice is not doing poop

Post by mini mice Wed 12 Feb 2020, 1:09 am

i ve found baby mice and taking care of it since few days and i ve stopped feeding them because i havent seen them doing pooping what should i do?

mini mice

Back to top Go down

baby mice is not doing poop Empty Re: baby mice is not doing poop

Post by Echoe77 Wed 12 Feb 2020, 1:41 am

Is it wild mouse? Do you know it's a baby mouse? Baby mice need to eat every few hours, so it may be that it is not eating enough. This has information on what to do with baby mice: http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t4-wild-mouse-mice-care-and-information

It could also be a sign of illness and it may need care from a vet.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Woot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Wed 12 Feb 2020, 7:49 am

If it’s wild mice please see a wildlife rehabilitator. They are fully trained in how to handle an animal in a situation like this.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Pranita Wed 12 Feb 2020, 3:56 pm

I already lost my babies
God bless them

Pranita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pranita Wed 12 Feb 2020, 4:05 pm

Feeling very low I lost my babies
There is no such rehabilatator or vet in our area
And it was my first time handling orphaned mice babies

Pranita

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 12 Feb 2020, 5:01 pm

Many of us have been in your situation.  I have.

Three babies gone in less than 24 hours.  They were developed enough that they had all their fur and their eyes were open, although their ears were still flat.  I guessed that something must have happened to their mother, and that they finally got hungry and thirsty enough that they left their nest somewhere inside the walls of the building where I worked, and I kept finding them on the sidewalk almost directly outside our front door.  Two were already beyond help, but the third ...

Well, the third was so dehydrated the skin on his tail was shrunken in so I could see all the bones.  But he was still lively and exploring around outside.  I availed him to water and some dandelion and lambsquarters greens, and then I tried feeding him the kitten milk replacement once I was able to go to the store and get some.  At first feeding he gobbled up the milk, made a poopie for me, and then went to sleep in his little nest I helped him make.  But after that he just took less each time until he didn't want anything and fought my attempts to feed him.  The little one just drifted away ...

So now you have an opportunity to learn more about what to do, and if this ever happens again you will be much more confident.  And check around for wildlife rehabilitators once in a while, to keep your resource database up to date.  At the time I needed help, all I could find anywhere in my area was a squirrel shelter an hour away that was full.  Nobody for mice.  I guess we're just supposed to drive them out to the woods or a field and turn them loose, even when they are too young to live on their own.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Pranita Thu 13 Feb 2020, 6:04 am

Now I came to know that my babies were dehydrated but it's too late now but still I wanna know what solution is must be given is it electrolyte solution, any name or brand which is easily available in India,

Pranita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pranita Thu 13 Feb 2020, 10:45 am

Same situation was with me, one by one all the babies died in front of me and I was trying to feed some water whole night I was watching them dying and I felt very helpless seven babies died in front of me, very short life they had...

Pranita

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Mon 24 Feb 2020, 6:48 pm

The best emergency hydration for baby mice would be kitten formula, available in pet and farm stores all over the United States.  I do not know about its availability in India.

As for electrolytic hydration drinks, I do not know what brands are available in India, but you can make up some emergency rehydration solution using just water, sugar, and salt.  The water must be clean (boiled and cooled, or else store-bought in a bottle), but the sugar and salt are just everyday grocery market sugar and salt.

Just search for "rehydration solution" on the Web.  Some recipes have more ingredients, and there has been some adjustment in the recommended amount of salt from one recipe to another.  And be careful with the measurements -- cups versus liters, teaspoons versus tablespoons.  Read a few different recipes before plunging ahead, so you feel confident that you know what you are doing.

Other than that, you will have to look around while you are out doing errands, and see if you can spot electrolytic hydration drinks on sale anywhere.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down