Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large multilevel bin cage

3 posters

Go down

Large multilevel bin cage Empty Large multilevel bin cage

Post by graceymommy3 Tue 19 May 2020, 12:38 pm

My husband and I just started building a huge (total of 70 gallon) bin cage for Rimaru (Reem-ah-roo) and Qbert. It'll be a 50 gallon super long bin with two 10 gallon taller style "feet". The 10 gallons will be filled with disconnected tunnels and substrate for burrowing. One will have Timothy hay and the other will have a combination of soft paper beddings. The main level will be a playground style with a super congested roof full of hanging toys and hides. The walls will be a maze of tubes and tunnels that aren't connected but secured close together. There will be shelving throughout just in case Qbert decides to climb too and falls. Also with Rimey being special needs I wanted a soft landing for him too just in case. The base and shelves will be a bit more open for Qbert to enjoy. I want to break up some (not too much but just some so Rimey doesn't get scared) of the open spaces with hides or just tunnels without cutting any of it off. It is so hard meeting the needs of two different species in one enclosure! I cant get anything Qbert might get stuck in. The wheel fiasco with these two was insane! I'm so excited to see them enjoying their new home!

graceymommy3

Back to top Go down

Large multilevel bin cage Empty Re: Large multilevel bin cage

Post by graceymommy3 Thu 21 May 2020, 1:32 am

Large multilevel bin cage 20200513
Large multilevel bin cage 20200515
Large multilevel bin cage 20200514

graceymommy3

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreoandfriends Fri 22 May 2020, 9:47 pm

Wow this is amazing! I love the idea of using smaller cages as attachments for burrowing, thanks for sharing! Smile
Oreoandfriends
Oreoandfriends
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by M O U S E Sat 23 May 2020, 8:17 am

So cool! It looks like they will enjoy this a lot!
M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum