Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment?

3 posters

Go down

Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment? Empty Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment?

Post by M O U S E Fri 29 Jan 2021, 11:48 am

So, due to unexpected circumstances I am moving. Hopefully.

How should I treat my mice while their in their travel cage? How long can they stay there if I can't get to the store today?

How do new environments affect mice (new house specifically)? How does constant moving from house to house affect mice?

M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

jmchenry729 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment? Empty Re: Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment?

Post by EverythingAnimal Fri 29 Jan 2021, 2:39 pm

If their cage is the same once they get I don't think the house itself would impact them very much, they might just be a little confused about the travel cage!

How far is the drive? What kind of travel cage is it?

When my family had a lakehouse I used to just put my whole 10 gallon tank in the car, remove anything heavy that might roll or slide, and take it with. The mice didn't seem to mind at all. I assume your normal cage is too big for that?

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

M O U S E likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment? Empty Re: Can I keep a mouse in a travel cage? New environment?

Post by ApricotWinter Tue 02 Feb 2021, 2:46 pm

Depending on the size of the travel carrier and the number of mice in it, determines how long you can keep them in it. I like to use DIY plastic bins for transportation. I like to put a little bit of old bedding into their new cage so that they will feel like they are somewhere familiar. I hope your move goes smoothly!!
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

M O U S E, SarahAdams and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down