Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niteangle Bigger World Cage

+2
Dee67
Myminizooxo
6 posters

Go down

Niteangle Bigger World Cage Empty Niteangle Bigger World Cage

Post by Myminizooxo Mon 08 Feb 2021, 6:34 pm

Has anyone house mice in the Niteangle Bigger World cage? I have my 4 girls in the prevue 528 and they don't have any issues being in it but I wanted to get something that they can't kick their bedding out of. And how could I hang toys in it? I have a ton of ropes and hanging toys for them

Myminizooxo

Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Niteangle Bigger World Cage Empty Re: Niteangle Bigger World Cage

Post by Dee67 Tue 09 Feb 2021, 6:01 pm

Made of MDF ASPEN and POPULAR and PVC, I'm not sure the materials are ok? What size are you thinking of? I'm a little bit worried about ventilation as it is top only curved grooves, and the fact that your mice can chew the wood perhaps. Anyone else??

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Tue 09 Feb 2021, 6:49 pm

I agree and don't think it would be safe for mice. I think a bin cage would be infinitely better, not to mention cheaper.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 09 Feb 2021, 11:49 pm

The wood shouldn't be an issue, however I would agree the ventilation isn't great. With a little DIY work it could probably be fine, but at this price point you don't really want to be doing any DIY work.  

If aesthetics are important to you, what I would suggest over this is a Ikea Linnmon DIY cage. You could cut little windows into the side for additional ventilation and it'd beat a bin in looks...actually, it'd beat the Niteangle in looks IMO. Being a DIY project, it's probably cheaper as well, although I admit it's one of the pricier DIY options. I'd like to make one myself one day.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Myminizooxo Sat 13 Feb 2021, 9:27 pm

I was thinking about medium or large and it's almost impossible for me to find anything ikea that would fit where I want it to be. I do want to give my Syrian hamster the large size so I would have a 200 qt bin available which is about the same size I guess but I just drilled holes in the did so I still wouldn't be able to hang anything

Myminizooxo

Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by jmchenry729 Sun 21 Feb 2021, 9:54 pm

I am building my own DIY cage out of sanded plywood. What is your price budget? What size are you looking for? Do you want more height or more floor space? I would suggest a bin cage for something simple and easy to do, but if you want a DIY cage I would suggest watching some videos and figuring out the size you want to build. I made the mistake of making mine larger than I thought it would be. So don't make it too big if you do go DIY, or it may be a pain to move if you ever have to.

jmchenry729

River likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Mon 22 Feb 2021, 6:14 pm

After looking around at options for cages and seeing how very expensive they are - and I agree I do not like those little ventilation slots on the Niteangle cage - I too decided bins were the way to go. You can get huge sizes for very little money, and with a 10$ soldering iron, zip ties, and some wire mesh, I was able to fairly quickly cut as many and as large windows for ventilation as I wanted, both on the sides and in the top. They're not heavy and are easy to transport and clean.

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum