Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lone mouse

2 posters

Go down

Lone mouse Empty Lone mouse

Post by M O U S E Sat 14 Aug 2021, 9:57 am

Hello. Two or three weeks ago, one of my girls, Fiadh, passed away. Now I'm left with Roisin as a lone female.

I am unsure what to do. I tried introducing her to two different felt mice (first one was a major fail, second one lasted a week before I noticed she was gradually chewing
a bunch of fuzz off). I got Fiadh and Roisin from Petco, who said they were from the same litter. She's about a year and a half old, still active, still an even 32 grams. I'm not sure if I want to get more mice, as I'm interested in rats and have been for a while. Even if I did get more female mice, I don't have room for them if the introduction fails. She doesn't seem overly depressed, but I feel like she doesn't run on her wheel as much or get into as much mischief. She still explores her cage though.

What is the best thing to do for her? What are my options?
Should I try more felt mice? Why was she chewing on the second mouse occasionally to the point it lost fuzz (like was it really aggressive?)

M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Back to top Go down

Lone mouse Empty Re: Lone mouse

Post by SarahAdams Sat 14 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm

This is just my opinion, but I'm thinking at her age introducing her to a new mouse might be more stressful for her than just being alone and getting lots of attention from you.

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

M O U S E likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum