Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic

+5
MouseLover
scaredymouse
CallaLily
Rodents rock!
EverythingAnimal
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic Empty Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic

Post by EverythingAnimal Tue 23 Aug 2016, 8:18 pm

I wanted to give you guys a look at what Suzie and I have been going through. When we first wet to the vet, it was a very minor bare spot by her ear. Now it has gotten much worse. About 1/2 of her right side is bare. I'm continuously applying Animax ointment the vet suggested every day, he said it would help stop the irritation but it hasn't done much so far. She's still kickin' though- eat, sleep, drink, run, eat, sleep, drink, run... scratch. She needs to be alone for about a week and a half more for her new friends, Millie and Cece, to finish quarantine. They are each far from tame enough to sit still for a picture while I'm around. Well, here she is. The wet yellowness you see is the Animax ointment.
Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic Z6boa9ahBwNeoob4BwHFkRwGgGDZN_L6aSZHiKcz3V2hV5FfRMOtwG80xeSve24zGU81pLFpWmwIlxWlLdxuEtStSz-tHSfW0ZTX0Z9Mlv41ycaibonyhciFDGkOjlF595Wo4i3P
Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic YsuWHsrvmfxleIkecvtqvPFXxWV3yTkjN9gr2CrhszL4hu3ibDPpyeC17CMz81w54Vrg8bb-sn4WlHo-PgaskE3DlHle-GaCjP-hFnXE7lgCLZod9mRifgcTuUNsVJ8N80ArBoJB
Her "good" side-
Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic 96fdb_BKvveCp2C6uGeVNSoWQjbT2mAogQMPDVCuXfKpOmMLB1qnAOZL1fzc0i56Bc6PH-pmZdSiuHR-BrKVGOt6YdYTF1X6u9I0IpAMhf0wnhC9E-gGW927EpdKcL3nmfeeAVGX
The vet suggested a mini mouse cone like the ones for dogs, but that seemed silly... now not so much. She needs a sweater or something to stop this!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic Empty Re: Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 23 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

Awwww, poor girl. Makes me sad to see her like that. You are doing a good job looking after her and hopefully she will heal up. Keep us posted.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic Empty Re: Suzie OCD Pictures *Warning* Graphic

Post by CallaLily Tue 23 Aug 2016, 8:31 pm

I can't see the pics but I'm sorry to hear she's gotten a bit worse. It's not an easy battle. I hope she starts to improve soon. Good luck and keep us updated.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 23 Aug 2016, 9:33 pm

oh my goodness, that's so sad!  poor, poor suzie Sad

that's the saddest thing i've see all day.  so she looks horribly sad in the pictures, but you said she still seems to be enjoying life?  When my Gilly had her OCD, there was a time that I put a lot of ointment on her but it made her go at it worse.  Like she had to get the stuff off her.  So, i ended up not using it.

About the cones, keep in mind they can be very dangerous for mice.  A long time ago I tried to make a vest type thing for Gilly to keep her from scratching but I was never able to complete it.  She would not cooperate and then she got better.

What else are you doing for little Suzie?  Are you keeping her near you and giving her as much attention as possible?

Hang in there both of you!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 24 Aug 2016, 6:29 am

Oh no Sad this broke my heart seeing that little mouse like this. OCD is such a terrible thing. I hope that she improves when she meets her new friends... maybe that will be a great distraction for her.

Best of luck xx

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Wed 24 Aug 2016, 9:58 am

At first I was extra horrified because I thought that the wetness was pus or something. Then I read that it was just the ointment you're giving her.

Still, that poor little mouse. You'd think that the pain would be enough to make them stop, but it really must be a very strong compulsion to make them keep on hurting themselves like that. How sad Sad

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DVirginiana Wed 24 Aug 2016, 3:01 pm

Oh no Sad Hopefully her new friends will help when they get out of quarantine. I tried putting ointment on Agent Bauer at first but it just made his OCD worse because he would try and groom it all out.
DVirginiana
DVirginiana

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 24 Aug 2016, 3:34 pm

I can see the pics now. Omgoodness, that poor baby! I hope that she'll stop soon so she can heal. Sad

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 24 Aug 2016, 7:35 pm

Oh, your poor girlie. That's awful. Sad I hope Millie and Cece will help her feel better quickly.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 24 Aug 2016, 9:24 pm

Thanks for the concern. I'm hoping that Millie and Cece will stay healthy throughout the rest of quarantine so they can get with Suzie right away. She has lots of extra toys, and I take her out to hold her twice a day.

The story of Millie:
However, Millie was from Petco (I wanted to adopt all my mice, but I just couldn't pass her up!) brown and white peppered throughout her fur. She looks pretty cool, actually. I found it unusual that she was the last mouse and wasn't albino, because the colorful ones always go first, but now I know why. When I first walked by the tank, there where no does at all, but that tank was all set up, which was confusing. I assumed they had just sold the last ones and walked away. Lucky I happened to come back, because in the corner, behind the water bottle, there was a little tail hanging down. A moment later, and out plopped Millie for a quick moment before climbing back up. She must've hidden there the whole time! The employee had to get the water bottle holder off to get her out for me. Because of this background without human contact, she is amazingly scared of people, compared to Cece who avoids people, but doesn't freak out when I walk by. The week in a half I've had Millie has done nothing to change that. One time, when I had my hand very still in the cage, she cautiously walked up my hand, sniffed a little, and before I knew it, she zoomed up my arm jumped off my shoulder and onto the floor! That was scary! I got her in a corner into a box and back in the cage. Taming sessions are now in the bathroom with the doors closed at all times. Cece's taming has been a lot more straight forward so far.

Ok, after all that, my question is: Is it worth it to hold off on introducing the three mice to try to get Millie more tame? It is a possibility to introduce Cece to Suzers but not Millie, or I could introduce them all and see if that makes Millie warm up to people when she sees the other mice are not afraid?

Woo, that post gave me a finger workout! Laughing

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:02 pm

Oh my goodness, Millie! What a wild lady. Laughing

I was always told to hold off on introductions until your mice are as tame as you want them, but I have had mice who warmed up to me thanks to their friends. Do you think Suzie will be stressed about going through introductions? I think I would try only introducing Cece at first. It would give you one-on-one time with Millie but it would also give Suzie and Cece a couple weeks to bond before they meet another stranger. It's so hard to make a plan when you're not sure how they'll react, though. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:00 pm

Oh poor girl. I would introduce friends ASAP. My Graham has OCD now a well. I noticed today her fur is scarce between her shouders and she has a small scab there as well. Hopefully I'll be able to prevent it from getting as bad as Suzies. 
Best of luck  Hearts

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:31 pm

EverythingAnimal wrote:Thanks for the concern. I'm hoping that Millie and Cece will stay healthy throughout the rest of quarantine so they can get with Suzie right away. She has lots of extra toys, and I take her out to hold her twice a day.

The story of Millie:
However, Millie was from Petco (I wanted to adopt all my mice, but I just couldn't pass her up!) brown and white peppered throughout her fur. She looks pretty cool, actually. I found it unusual that she was the last mouse and wasn't albino, because the colorful ones always go first, but now I know why. When I first walked by the tank, there where no does at all, but that tank was all set up, which was confusing. I assumed they had just sold the last ones and walked away. Lucky I happened to come back, because in the corner, behind the water bottle, there was a little tail hanging down. A moment later, and out plopped Millie for a quick moment before climbing back up. She must've hidden there the whole time! The employee had to get the water bottle holder off to get her out for me. Because of this background without human contact, she is amazingly scared of people, compared to Cece who avoids people, but doesn't freak out when I walk by. The week in a half I've had Millie has done nothing to change that. One time, when I had my hand very still in the cage, she cautiously walked up my hand, sniffed a little, and before I knew it, she zoomed up my arm jumped off my shoulder and onto the floor! That was scary! I got her in a corner into a box and back in the cage. Taming sessions are now in the bathroom with the doors closed at all times. Cece's taming has been a lot more straight forward so far.

Ok, after all that, my question is: Is it worth it to hold off on introducing the three mice to try to get Millie more tame? It is a possibility to introduce Cece to Suzers but not Millie, or I could introduce them all and see if that makes Millie warm up to people when she sees the other mice are not afraid?

Woo, that post gave me a finger workout! Laughing
Be careful, even in the bathroom! Selina made me learn the hard way that mice can easily slip under doors!

Anyways, I would just introduce them all at the same time. Your little Millie sounds a lot like my Selina. Selina was very jumpy and escape prone when I got her, hence the name (she's named after Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman). Nowadays she's still skittish, but she mostly trusts me and doesn't mind being held as long as I don't make any sudden movements that will startle her, and even then she won't jump off my hand anymore if I do. The only thing I have to be careful about is making sure she doesn't get down on the floor; after having tamed her, I once set her down on the floor for a few seconds thinking she would stay put - boy was I wrong. She zipped off into my closet, which I had to completely pull apart in order to find her.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:46 pm

Off topic, but you can use a rolled up towel to block the door. That's what I do when my mice get to free range in the bathroom. They love it and have never really bothered to mess with the towel, but it'd be easy to intervene if they got too close. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:47 pm

abeona wrote:Off topic, but you can use a rolled up towel to block the door. That's what I do when my mice get to free range in the bathroom. They love it and have never really bothered to mess with the towel, but it'd be easy to intervene if they got too close. Razz
Yep, that's exactly what I started doing whenever Selina got loose. As soon as she's away, a blanket or towel gets stuck up against the door.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next