Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergies with food

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Allergies with food - Page 2 Empty Re: Allergies with food

Post by CallaLily Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:43 am

Artistwolf wrote:as much as I liked TFM, this forum seems a lot more relaxed, friendly... and just more comfortable to be in.

I agree. I love being able to talk openly about questions and concerns and how we try to come together to find answers. Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Allergies with food - Page 2 Empty Re: Allergies with food

Post by Peachy Thu 24 Nov 2016, 1:26 pm

I was looking into why these things are common causes of allergies when this thread first came up but I didn't find anything and eventually gave up. I guess maybe the protein idea is out, too. lol Is there a more specific reason people are allergic to peanuts besides the immune system answer? I never found one.

I'm certain Yoshi is allergic to sunflower seeds, so I pick them out for everyone either way. Since everyone appears to be healthy and happy on their base mix (minus seeds and peanuts) and they have their fresh supplements to round it out, I try not to worry over picking out one ingredient. But if a mix with sunflower seeds is what an owner deems best, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeding it as is and just keeping in mind that there's a chance of allergies. Pardon On TFM it was just suggested to remove them as a precaution.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum