Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice

2 posters

Go down

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice Empty Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice

Post by MiceMe Thu 05 Oct 2023, 2:25 pm

I just Had a unexpectedly become a One OWNER of a Pet Mice as My Neighbour brings Me that Two babies from His own breeding thing happen 😳 Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231010
Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231011
Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231012

MiceMe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Angelic

Back to top Go down

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice Empty Re: Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice

Post by MiceMe Thu 05 Oct 2023, 3:59 pm

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231014
Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231013
Me becoming a friend

MiceMe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Angelic

Back to top Go down

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice Empty Re: Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice

Post by MiceMe Thu 05 Oct 2023, 7:39 pm

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231023
We playing together Heart

MiceMe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post by MiceMe Thu 05 Oct 2023, 7:51 pm

I feed them with Bunny Bistro for My Guinea Pigs for now as I just got them Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231024
Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231025

MiceMe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post by MiceMe Thu 05 Oct 2023, 7:54 pm

Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231027
Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231028
Me Unexpected a OWNER of a Pet Mice 20231029
My Bunny Bistro foodies

MiceMe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Angelic

Back to top Go down

Post by animalgirl555 Wed 22 Nov 2023, 12:57 pm

I know this was a while ago, but anyway, welcome to mouse-keeping! It will be one of the best things to happen to you.
I do have a few suggestions.
First, you should get a nice large cage. A bin cage is cheap and is way larger than metal cages or tanks. The cage your mice are being housed in looks very small, and has no hides or things for your mice to do.
You can make toys and hides at home for your mice if you don't want to constantly buy things from the pet store. Mice go through toys like there's no tomorrow. You should be willing to pay for or make the proper toys to give your mice the enrichment they need.
For the bedding, you shouldn't use only hay. You should give paper-based UNscented bedding or wood shavings such as aspen or hemp. You can mix in a bit of hay to help the tunnels your mice dig stay up.
Mice love to dig, so at least 6-8 inches of bedding depth should be provided.
PLEASE DO NOT FEED YOUR MICE GUINEA PIG FOOD! It does not have the proper nutrients that mice need, and it contains Timothy hay, which is not at all needed in a mouse diet. Hay is given as a forging option for mice to use in their nests. They will have malnutrition because they lack a proper diet.
Mice need a seed-based diet and pellets that are SOLD FOR MICE. They should also be given fresh vegetables and occasionally, fruits. Mice are omnivores, so you can give them mealworms, or unseasoned chicken occasionally.
Are your mice females or males? Males should NEVER be kept together, even if they are siblings, as they will become territorial and aggressive towards each other. They can severely injure or even kill each other.
Females need a companion. Males and females should not be kept together, as males plus females equals babies!
A wheel is a very important component in your mouse cage. It helps your mice release the extra energy they have. Because of their tails, mice need an 8-10 inch wheel.
(This is mostly my opinion) In one of your pictures, your mouse looks very scared. When taming your mice, you should try offering treats first, and slowly introducing your hand. You want your mice curious of you, and not fearful.
Once your mice are used to your hand, they will be the happiest bundles of joy. Every moment spent with your mice will be the best moment.
I am not writing this to be captious. I just want your mice to have the best quality of life possible.
Enjoy your new buddies Wink
animalgirl555
animalgirl555

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down