Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with introductions!

2 posters

Go down

Help with introductions! Empty Help with introductions!

Post by ashisnthere Tue 09 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm

Hey all!
I have one 4m/o female mouse(bonnie) that I adopted recently with the plan to get two more to keep her company. I got two more 8 week old gals (fin and jake) from a breeder. They just finished quarantine, so I started introducing them today!

I started in the bathtub and added water bowls after 20 minutes with only a few tiny nips from bonnie to the younger girls and no big fights, then scattered a bit of food after another 20ish. Everything seemed good after an hour, so I put them in a clean 10 gallon bin cage with a thin layer of bedding and the two water bowls and a bit of scattered food, but no hides or toys, then added one big hide with two exits when things seemed okay. Bonnie went in it but kept nipping them and getting stompy when they tried to go in, so I removed it.

Now, the two younger girls are cuddling in one corner and bonnie is sitting alone on the other side of the bin. Is it normal for them to avoid eachother for a bit when they first meet? Bonnie was probably kept alone for a long time before I adopted her so I am a bit worried about her integrating okay. I keep hoping that they'll start cuddling so I can add back in some hides and stuff, but I dont want to rush it if theyre still not interacting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

ashisnthere

Back to top Go down

Help with introductions! Empty Re: Help with introductions!

Post by animalgirl555 Thu 11 Apr 2024, 5:53 pm

It is completely normal! It is like meeting someone new, they just need some time to form a bond. Smile
animalgirl555
animalgirl555

Cheeky

Back to top Go down