Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does the whole colony need antibiotics

Go down

does the whole colony need antibiotics Empty does the whole colony need antibiotics

Post by audrrea Sun 21 Jan 2024, 11:03 am

hello, i requested to join back in november when my first mouse was showing signs, but she unfortunately passed not long after. then the PEW who was closest to her (who has always chattered) was sneezing and coughing so immediately quarantined her too

The exotic vet situation in maine is horrible. theres exactly one exotic vet and theyre over 4 hours from me-- and my car no longer works. so Ive been waiting for doxy to arrive in the mail but it's taken longer than planned.

on to the main point

about a week ago a couple from the main colony (Cool started to sneeze quietly, but i figured maybe it was because their hammock needed to be cleaned. while it has helped a lot, i still hear a couple little sneezes when im playing with them. i cant tell who exactly the sneezes are coming from, but with how close knit they all are im not sure if i should just play it safe and give them all antibiotics or if i should treat only rhe ones who i know have it and wait until the others show symptoms???
but that seems counterintuitive to me because then id be worrying it spread to the recently treated ones and i would have to reclean everything.

i know some people give their mice antibiotics seasonally as a preventative measure for myco flareups, i just want to know what people with more experience think.

brindle speckled; ginger, poppy
PEW; jasmine

Late mice; Karyda (PEW)

audrrea

Back to top Go down