Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, Furgie's still alive!

+6
MesaMouse
Peachy
CallaLily
maygins
AnonymousMouseOwner
scaredymouse
10 posters

Go down

Well, Furgie's still alive! Empty Well, Furgie's still alive!

Post by scaredymouse Thu 03 Nov 2016, 3:02 am

I don't know what's keeping that mouse going.  It's bananas.  She's been elderly for like 6 months!  But lately, it's been hard to watch... not because she's suffering, but because I love her so much and I have to watch her slowly wither away.  It's awful.  But the old girl is not ready to go yet so we are doing our best to treasure our time together and try not to notice how frail she is.

I got a couple of good pictures of her that I thought I would share.  I love the first picture, she's still out there grabbing up her favorite treats and running off to the corner to eat them.

Well, Furgie's still alive! Wp_20111

Well, Furgie's still alive! Wp_20110

Bonus pic of Olivia tearing apart her tissue paper toy Smile

Well, Furgie's still alive! Wp_20112

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Well, Furgie's still alive! Empty Re: Well, Furgie's still alive!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 03 Nov 2016, 3:06 am

Aww, poor little Furgie! It still looks like she's enjoying life though, she's so cute! And Olivia is adorable!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Thu 03 Nov 2016, 6:36 am

Cute! Oh, she looks really sweet. I'm glad to hear you are treasuring your times together, I bet enjoyed life to the fullest, and still Is with you.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 03 Nov 2016, 8:25 am

She looks like she's still enjoying life! Go Furgie! Cheer

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 03 Nov 2016, 9:53 am

Whee, go Furgie!! She looks great. Applause Olivia's a cute one, too.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 03 Nov 2016, 11:07 am

last night after right before I cleaned the tank, I was watching her hobble around and then I watched her get on the wheel!!! I mean, she only walked a few circles but she got on the wheel! And the she got off the wheel and got on the other wheel! That's my girl! I made my heart happy.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 03 Nov 2016, 11:36 am

Treats and wheels! As long as a mousie still enjoys treats and even just stands on a wheel, life abounds! When that last treat is finally snubbed, sad times follow quickly so keep on truckin' and snackin', Furgie!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Thu 03 Nov 2016, 12:49 pm

That is fantastic!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 03 Nov 2016, 6:07 pm

Good ol' Furgie! Keep on going girl!

I know how you feel about watching them wither away, and it sucks. I feel like I'm just seeing the first signs of aging in Honey now, and she's 2 in a month.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Teramis Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:09 pm

That's so sweet. It's so hard to watch them when they age so much, but she must love you a lot to still be sticking around. Smile Thanks for sharing those great pics.

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 05 Nov 2016, 8:27 am

She's looking rough, but she's chugging on strong! I'm cheering you on, Furgie!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 06 Nov 2016, 7:21 am

I hadn't checked on her in 12 hours, which is a forever in Furgie but and I found her rooting around wondering where her daily treats were. It's always great to see her. So I tossed in her favorites and she got busy. Everyone else is getting fat though. I always have to throw in enough treats so that everyone gets some and leaves Furg alone. Because those jerks will steal a treat right out of her mouth. Such are mice. But those same jerks cuddle her everynight, even though her breathing probably disturbs them. Gosh, when she sleeps, she looks so rough I feel like I should wake her up to put her to sleep. That's a weird sentence! But when she's awake, she's a whole different mouse. The only thing that makes me sad is that I can't really handle her anymore. She gets too excited and she has to catch her breath when I put her back... so I've already said my goodbyes and given my kisses. I trust that her sisters will do the work now and take care of her. And hopefully, she will go peacefully without my help. We've gone this far... I'd be so happy if nature took it's course and left me out of it.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down