Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard Drive Woes

5 posters

Go down

Hard Drive Woes Empty Hard Drive Woes

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:23 am

So I woke up this morning to Windows notifying me that SMART had detected that my laptop's hard drive is about  to fail. So it looks like about $70 of my birthday money is going to go towards a new 2.5" 1TB Seagate Barracuda drive and an external enclosure for the old drive. So here's hoping it all gets here before my current drive completely dies.

This especially sucks since I was hoping to put that money towards another 3.5" drive for my gaming rig as well as 16 GB of Kingston Fury Black DDR4-2133 memory for when I finally get around to upgrading my CPU/Motherboard platform (as I'm currently running an overclocked AMD FX-6300 on an AM3+ platform).

What a wonderful morning.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Hard Drive Woes Empty Re: Hard Drive Woes

Post by MesaMouse Fri 18 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

Oh, no! I totally empathize as my hard drive has been making ominous whirring sounds on and off for quite some time. Every few days I copy newest pics, docs and music to a small portable storage unit in fear that the drive will just give up the ghost. Unlike your situation where a new hard drive is a good investment, my desktop unit is an oldie and is running Windows Vista! When it finally dies, I'll invest in a slimline desktop with more capacity plus Windows 10 and join the 21st century Laughing .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 18 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

Oh no, that kind of unexpected money spending is no fun. Especially when you had better plans for it! Sad My camera stopped reading memory cards and I was dreading finding the $300 for a new one. But then I shoved the card in there with a piece of paper so it works now. lol

Good luck getting it all sorted out! :lucky:
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:32 am

Ah, I've been waiting for my computer to come on for 2 days now. I just don't know what to do. I have no idea what's wrong, we can't afford to take it to the "computer doctor". Basically, if it shuts down, whether I shut it down, or it was just shutting down after an update, it won't come on for another 2-4 DAYS. Sad

I wish you the best of luck with your computer.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 18 Nov 2016, 11:07 am

I'm not going to pretend I understood all of that but I feel your pain in unexpected expenses. I hope it arrives in time.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:52 pm

Good news. This latest paycheck was much larger than expected, so I had enough money to pay for a replacement drive, a new mass storage drive for my rig, and a 16 GB kit of DDR4-2400 (267 MHz faster than what I was initially planning to buy!) Kingston Fury Black memory, plus a box of Space Marines. And I still have plenty money left over for rent, food, and of course, pet supplies. So it all worked out in the end!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 19 Nov 2016, 11:34 am

AnonONIagent wrote:Good news. This latest paycheck was much larger than expected, so I had enough money to pay for a replacement drive, a new mass storage drive for my rig, and a 16 GB kit of DDR4-2400 (267 MHz faster than what I was initially planning to buy!) Kingston Fury Black memory, plus a box of Space Marines. And I still have plenty money left over for rent, food, and of course, pet supplies. So it all worked out in the end!

Very good news indeed! Like CallaLily, I'm not going to pretend to understand all the goodies you picked up...at least I understood the "rent, food, and of course, pet supplies"!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down