Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips with Odour Control

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tips with Odour Control - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips with Odour Control

Post by scaredymouse Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:49 am

where do you order from? I can take a look at maybe be able to help you select one.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Thu 24 Nov 2016, 1:16 am

scaredymouse wrote:where do you order from?  I can take a look at maybe be able to help you select one.

I usually get the food at either Petsmart or Mr. Pets, mostly Petsmart because Mr.Pets has a very small food selection.
Also I live in Vancouver  
Pretty sure this is most of what we have, maybe slightly less http://www.petsmart.ca/paging/page0?PageSize=24&CategoryName=600005&CategoryDomainName=PETNA-36&SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3D*%26CategoryUUIDLevelX%252FnfoKmUCQmRYAAAFD8RNUeFk3%252F9o4KmUCQYJgAAAFDGz1UeFk3%252FlgQKmUCQiLAAAAFDyjJUeFk3%3Dk54KmUCQYycAAAFDb0NUeFk3%26CategoryUUIDLevelX%3DnfoKmUCQmRYAAAFD8RNUeFk3%26OnlineFlag%3D1

I feel so stupid for feeding them the Vitacraft :/
When I was searching information on mice it said that Vitacraft was the best choice in all the videos and forums I watched so I guess I crapped up, I'm glad I found this forum c:
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 24 Nov 2016, 7:54 am

Don't worry, that's an easy fix! We can't all know right from the start all the right thing to do Smile Thats what we're here for! I don't believe you can decrease crude protein accurately in any way. And I'm not sure about that many veggies in their diet... those things have a lot of water in them and can give mice diarrhea if they eat too much, I believe. Mice in the wild eat mostly seeds and such, I believe.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 24 Nov 2016, 8:07 am

I don't think veggies as the main part of their diet is good. Naturally they eat mostly grains, seeds, and insects.

You could mix in a lower protein food, which would effectively lower the overall crude protein but will also change the fat and fiber. How much or how little depends on the ratios.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Thu 24 Nov 2016, 5:30 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Don't worry, that's an easy fix! We can't all know right from the start all the right thing to do Smile Thats what we're here for! I don't believe you can decrease crude protein accurately in any way. And I'm not sure about that many veggies in their diet... those things have a lot of water in them and can give mice diarrhea if they eat too much, I believe. Mice in the wild eat mostly seeds and such, I believe.

Alright, I'll remember that x3
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 25 Nov 2016, 2:54 am

Here is what I feed my mice:

http://www.petsmart.ca/bird/food/vitakraft-vitasmart-parakeet-food-zid36-3918/cat-36-catid-400005;pgid=8NR08DVviENSRpeSd9tBlQUN000035WoT-WE?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dvitasmart+parakeet

I know it sounds crazy to feed them parakeet food, but it's got good nutrition, they like it, you don't have to pick anything out and it had to right amount of crude protein. Brown's tropical carnival hamster/gerbil food is acceptable but I don't like to recommend it anymore due to some quality issues and the fact that so much stuff needs to be picked out before feeding to the mice... its not worth it if you have better options available, which you do!

I do supplement the parakeet food with healthy treats such as dried mealworms(you can find them in the bird section, they can have 3 per day), pecans/walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, oats, cheerios, and fresh fruits/veggies.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Sat 26 Nov 2016, 1:57 am

scaredymouse wrote:Here is what I feed my mice:

http://www.petsmart.ca/bird/food/vitakraft-vitasmart-parakeet-food-zid36-3918/cat-36-catid-400005;pgid=8NR08DVviENSRpeSd9tBlQUN000035WoT-WE?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dvitasmart+parakeet

I know it sounds crazy to feed them parakeet food, but it's got good nutrition, they like it, you don't have to pick anything out and it had to right amount of crude protein.  Brown's tropical carnival hamster/gerbil food is acceptable but I don't like to recommend it anymore due to some quality issues and the fact that so much stuff needs to be picked out before feeding to the mice... its not worth it if you have better options available, which you do!

I do supplement the parakeet food with healthy treats such as dried mealworms(you can find them in the bird section, they can have 3 per day), pecans/walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, oats, cheerios, and fresh fruits/veggies.

Oh thank you!
I'll try and go to petsmart tomorrow and see if they have it ^^
Hopefully they will have some, also the odor is getting better so thanks for the tips Ear wiggle
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sat 26 Nov 2016, 11:07 am

I am glad the odor is getting better!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member