Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delilah is in Peace

+3
MesaMouse
CinnamonPearl
Musculus
7 posters

Go down

Delilah is in Peace Empty Delilah is in Peace

Post by Musculus Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:39 am

As many of you know, Delilah has been battling an "unknown" skin disorder for several months now. After seeing four vets, the consensus is, Delilah didn't have a fungal problem. She had an "immune-mediated idiopathic dermatitis". In other words, no hope. Delilah was in pain, even more so the past few days. She ignored her wheels because the constant licking, biting, and scratching occupied most of her time. Her quality of life was really down in the end. I tried but it's hard to fight what attacks the body from within.

I miss her already but I know she's at peace now.   Sad

Minutes before she went to mousie heaven. The vet took this one:
Delilah is in Peace At%20saint%20marks%20vet%20hosp%20Custom

Delilah is in Peace Delilah

Last edited by Musculus on Sun 01 May 2016, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Musculus
Musculus

Libra

Back to top Go down

Delilah is in Peace Empty Re: Delilah is in Peace

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:41 am

Oh no, Mus. I'm so sorry for your loss. By the end, Delilah just wasn't enjoying life anymore. You made the right decision to help end her pain.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:58 am

The hardest thing to do is to let them go but it's also the kindest thing to do. Delilah enjoyed her life with you while she was well and is, indeed, pain-free and at peace now.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 30 Apr 2016, 12:07 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. After all your dedication, I'm glad you finally got answers for her, but it's terrible that it came without a solution. I hope you're ok. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 30 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

Oh Mus, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Poor little Delilah... so unfair. You did everything you possibly could have to help her. And then when there was nothing more to do, you selflessly sent her to heaven. I know this was a rough one for you. We cared for her too and were really hoping something could be done for her. She will be in good company in mousie heaven. I'd like to believe that she's sitting in the middle of a meadow with the sun on her whiskers, and the wind in her hair, chomping on a flower Angel

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Musculus Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:38 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm going to send Delilah down to my mother in Florida so she can keep Momma Big Girl company. I hope she is chomping on flowers, scaredymouse or some other treats. She sure loved her treats and wheel.
Musculus
Musculus

Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 01 May 2016, 9:52 am

Rest in peace Delilah. You did a kind thing Musculus.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 01 May 2016, 4:14 pm

I believe you did the right thing; she looks pretty miserable in that first photo. I'm sorry for your loss though, I know how hard that can be.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum