Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's here!

+7
essentiallysue
CallaLily
MooMouse
EverythingAnimal
AnonymousMouseOwner
stephlisa
scaredymouse
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

He's here! Empty He's here!

Post by scaredymouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 2:31 am

He's here and he's cute as a button.  The breeder was awesome.  My little fella is from her show line, so he's going to need much higher protein... 18%!  Her mice haven't had a tumor in 5 generations and he should live a long healthy life.  But if he has any problems, she wants to know about it.  I'm glad I found a quality breeder Smile

Without further ado.... meet Rumplesplotchskin (just kidding, we're still working on a dignified name for him).  I'll have to get to know him.  Right now he's settling in.  He's shy, it's adorable.  I've had my share of scared mice, but never a shy one.  Poor baby.  I know it's natural but I hate taking them away from their mothers.  Anyway, these aren't fancy pictures but I just wanted to snap a few to show of my little guy.  I need to remind myself not to compare him to Goose.

He's here! Wp_20145

He's here! Wp_20146

He's here! Wp_20148

He's here! Wp_20147

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

He's here! Empty Re: He's here!

Post by stephlisa Thu 15 Dec 2016, 3:24 am

Awww! He's so cute! I love watching mice drink from bottles :-)

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 15 Dec 2016, 3:29 am

AWWWW! Love

You're so lucky to have found a breeder in your area! I can't find any within an hour, or even two hours! Only rat breeders Sad

He's sooooo adorable! Congrats on getting a new healthy little guy!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Thu 15 Dec 2016, 6:16 am

Look at those big show ears! He has the same little black patch by his tail as my Cece.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 6:49 am

Awwwwww! I LOVE his huge ears! You will have so much fun with him Smile

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 15 Dec 2016, 7:08 am

He's a cutie! It's so interesting how different lines do better with different amounts of protein, ect.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue Thu 15 Dec 2016, 7:42 am

Aw, he's so cute. It looks like he wrote his name on his back. What is his name?

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:24 am

We haven't come up with a name yet. We take naming very seriously in this house Bouncy Sometimes it takes a few days. For now he's being called Butt Splotch, Rumplesplothskin, and Ears O'Malley.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:13 am

Hehe, it looks like he grew into his ears a little... they don't look so enormous anymore. Laughing Heart Eyes He's perfect!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:33 am

scaredymouse wrote:We haven't come up with a name yet.  We take naming very seriously in this house Bouncy  Sometimes it takes a few days.  For now he's being called Butt Splotch, Rumplesplothskin, and Ears O'Malley.

Rumplesplotchkin Jester !!!! Bet no other mouse has ever had that name! Love "Ears O'Malley", though. No matter what he ends up being called, he's a very handsome lad -- may he live long and prosper.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 17 Dec 2016, 11:33 am

I loooove breeder mice's massive ears Love He's truly gorgeous scaredy Smile congrats.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 17 Dec 2016, 2:49 pm

He got me good yesterday... It was my first time handling him and he's very sweet. A combination of shy and curious. I want to be very gentle with him because this is a huge adjustment. Last week he was safe and warm with his momma and thought it would be like that forever. Then he got plopped in a critter keeper and taken out into the snow and sent home with a stranger. How awful!

Anyway, he let me know what he thought about that. He peed on chest, right in the middle. I had on a house dress with spaghetti straps, so you get the picture. So his little pee pees ran down my chest, between stuff, down my belly, and then soaked up in the waistband of my underwear. It was really something. Something I don't ever want to happen to me again. I kinda feel like I should call him Bo... As in Little Bo Pee or Peete or Peetrie or Mr Peepers! Lol.

P.S. For any new readers, mice don't have much control over when and where they pee. In their tanks, they will sometimes have a spot they use but when you have them out, and they pee on you, they can't help it.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:43 pm

Oh boy... Well in lieu of having a proper name, I've been calling him Fancy Pants (you know, because he's fancy and his butt splotch looks like he's wearing pants). I've been trying to find a nice dignified name for him but Fancy Pants really suits him! So, that's probably what his name is, lol. If I find a nice proper name, I'll just make it his first name. So Mr. FancyPants it is!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 20 Dec 2016, 10:47 am

scaredymouse wrote:Oh boy... Well in lieu of having a proper name, I've been calling him Fancy Pants (you know, because he's fancy and his butt splotch looks like he's wearing pants).  I've been trying to find a nice dignified name for him but Fancy Pants really suits him!  So, that's probably what his name is, lol.  If I find a nice proper name, I'll just make it his first name.  So Mr. FancyPants it is!

Since he's a "posh" mouse, from a breeder after all, perhaps he should be "Sir FancyPants of Wherever", the "wherever" changed to the name of your particular kingdom Laughing !

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:10 pm

Oh Mesa, what an excellent suggestion! Sir Fancy Pants of Furville. It's perfect!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum