Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaytee Clean and Cozy

5 posters

Go down

Kaytee Clean and Cozy Empty Kaytee Clean and Cozy

Post by MesaMouse Sat 17 Dec 2016, 9:21 pm

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a change in Clean and Cozy? I opened a new jumbo bag a few days ago for Imogene's tank and the texture was heavier and more coarse than I'd experienced in the past and it packed down faster. She can still tunnel in it so it's not that big a deal but it was definitely different. Maybe this bag was just a fluke but, if the next bag is also "different", I may have to switch to Carefresh. For those of you who use Carefresh for mice, hams or gerbils, does it retain its fluffiness or do you have to re-plump it when you spot clean?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Kaytee Clean and Cozy Empty Re: Kaytee Clean and Cozy

Post by scaredymouse Sat 17 Dec 2016, 9:34 pm

All the clean and cozy I've been using is super soft, almost like cotton. I've never used the specialized Carefresh... too expensive. With sales, I can always get the 1000cu bag of Kaytee for 10.99 which is about what I can afford with my hoard of critters. I do find that I have to replump everything though. More so with hamsters because they are heavier/bigger and also because they don't get cleaned as often, so it just gets trampled more and for longer Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 17 Dec 2016, 9:42 pm

I noticed a change too but thought I'd accidentally ordered something a bit different, since it was also a smaller bag than I usually buy. I normally get the really big bag and it's very soft and fluffy. This bag I purchased this time is closer to the texture of Carefresh, though still a bit softer. I really was hoping it was just the smaller bag or a fluke but your post combined with one I saw over on the hamster forum has me thinking otherwise.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:32 am

CareFresh is not as good for burrowing, it's a little more "thick", I'd like to say, than Kaytee C&C. However, mice don't need to burrow as much as hamsters so thats not a huge problem for mice. I honestly just use Carefresh because of their great customer service, sales, and coupons. It makes me feel happy to support them and I feel I'm getting a good product, at a good sale price, from a company that really cares about their customers (and their pets!).

I normally get Carefresh, but I've gotten a bag of Kaytee C&C for free before and it was a lot more fluffier and held burrows better, Scout LOVED Kaytee C&C because he loves to burrow. It really depends on your specific pet's needs.

For Scout, while I had that bag of Kaytee, I made it last by mixing Carefresh and Kaytee together, and it held up his tunnels and burrows just as good.

Maybe mixing the two would be a good solution?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:29 pm

scaredymouse wrote:All the clean and cozy I've been using is super soft, almost like cotton.  I've never used the specialized Carefresh... too expensive.  With sales, I can always get the 1000cu bag of Kaytee for 10.99 which is about what I can afford with my hoard of critters.  I do find that I have to replump everything though.  More so with hamsters because they are heavier/bigger and also because they don't get cleaned as often, so it just gets trampled more and for longer Smile

That's how I shop, too, scaredymouse: Petco's $10.99 online sales with free shipping for the 1000cu "jumbo" bags.

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:CareFresh is not as good for burrowing, it's a little more "thick", I'd like to say, than Kaytee C&C. However, mice don't need to burrow as much as hamsters so thats not a huge problem for mice. I honestly just use Carefresh because of their great customer service, sales, and coupons. It makes me feel happy to support them and I feel I'm getting a good product, at a good sale price, from a company that really cares about their customers (and their pets!).

I normally get Carefresh, but I've gotten a bag of Kaytee C&C for free before and it was a lot more fluffier and held burrows better, Scout LOVED Kaytee C&C because he loves to burrow. It really depends on your specific pet's needs.

For Scout, while I had that bag of Kaytee, I made it last by mixing Carefresh and Kaytee together, and it held up his tunnels and burrows just as good.

Maybe mixing the two would be a good solution?

I might try your suggestion, Anonymous, and buy a bag of Carefresh to mix with the C&C. I've been adding handfuls of aspen to the C&C as it seems to keep the tank fresher smelling for longer but, due to the color of the aspen, it's harder to locate Imogene's "yellow" litter Laughing . With this latest deep clean, I just went with straight C&C from the new bag.

CallaLily wrote:I noticed a change too but thought I'd accidentally ordered something a bit different, since it was also a smaller bag than I usually buy. I normally get the really big bag and it's very soft and fluffy. This bag I purchased this time is closer to the texture of Carefresh, though still a bit softer. I really was hoping it was just the smaller bag or a fluke but your post combined with one I saw over on the hamster forum has me thinking otherwise

Thanks, CallaLily. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have noticed a difference and wholly spaced checking out the commentary on Hamster Hideout. Maybe it is just an "off" batch distributed nationwide -- let's hope so.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:02 am

I still use similar Clean Comfort and its the same as C+C was.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum