Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If she only had opposable thumbs...

3 posters

Go down

If she only had opposable thumbs... Empty If she only had opposable thumbs...

Post by MesaMouse Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:11 am

Well, Bochy is certainly a new cat as she continues to recover from that G/I nastiness and a very clever and observant one at that. She's always hungry and watches intently when I prepare her food so she understands that food, in general, comes from the refrigerator and from various kitchen cabinets. The hideously expensive 4 lb bag of dry Hills I/D is kept in one of the floor level cabinets that close with an inner magnetic clasp. This morning when I came into the kitchen to give her breakfast with a pill, all of the cabinets were closed but that 4 lb bag of food was sitting on the floor, about 3 feet away from its storage place. The little bugger had not only managed to open the right cabinet but somehow pull that 4 lb bag out -- quite amazing as she barely weighs 7 lbs! Unfortunately for Bochy, the lack of opposable thumbs prevented her from opening the velcro zip top and the size and shape of the bag allowed her to only puncture it in a few spots. After feeding her a wet/dry breakfast mix, I poured the dry food into two Tupperware containers which are now stored in an upper cabinet over one of the counters. As soon as she finished eating, she went to that lower cabinet, pawed it open after a few attempts, and was shocked not to find the bag of food there! I was trying not to laugh when I saw this and showed her the empty bag -- she looked horrified at the thought that it was all gone Happy .

Bochy is very dog-like when it comes to food: she inhales her meals, immediately looks around for more, pushes the bowl around the kitchen to show me its ongoing emptiness, returns to the bowl several times during the day to lick it thoroughly and complains bitterly that no more food has materialized! She gets approximately 1/2 of a 5.5oz can twice daily (with the hidden pill) with about 1/8 cup dry added and a midday snack of 1/8 cup dry. I do need to check with the vet about increasing the amount of her food to help her gain weight (she's about the same weight now as when I adopted her so up to around 7 lbs from a low of 5 lbs during her illness).

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

If she only had opposable thumbs... Empty Re: If she only had opposable thumbs...

Post by CallaLily Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:48 am

Awww. She sounds like such a fun cat. I'm glad to hear that she's doing so much better!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

If she only had opposable thumbs... Empty Re: If she only had opposable thumbs...

Post by scaredymouse Tue 20 Dec 2016, 1:10 pm

Yay! I'm so glad she's feeling better! My cats are really food driven, too. They cry all day for food. But I have to ration the food otherwise they would be soooo overweight. My vet already had the talk with me about their health. I don't want to get in trouble

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum