Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sweet little boy tamed up really fast!

+2
CallaLily
dragonmyst
6 posters

Go down

My sweet little boy tamed up really fast! Empty My sweet little boy tamed up really fast!

Post by dragonmyst Tue 27 Dec 2016, 6:28 am

I have had him for four days now, I left him alone for two, and began to hand feed him treats the next day, and picked him up after a while. Today I did the same thing, and he didn't try to get on the wheel to run away this time when I first reached in, and climbed into my hand all by himself Smile I coaxed him into his ball, and he followed me around the house for a bit. He didn't want to get out of it afterwards, lol. I gave him a few more treats, he marked on me (the only bad thing about owning a male), and then I put him back. It took my last mouse quite a bit longer to get used to me, though he warmed up in the end. This one really is a sweetheart, he likes to jingle his bell with his little paws too, Mr. Jingles always ignored his bell completely. I had always thought the bells were a gimmick until I got this little guy. I had no idea two mice could have such different personalities before I started owning them. Ramoth plays with his toys a lot more, where jingles just gnawed on them a bit to keep his teeth trimmed. Ramoth also prefers to sleep in a little burrow he made for himself, instead of in the little hut I got him, where as jingles only did that when he was throwing a temper tantrum because I just cleaned it.
dragonmyst
dragonmyst
Jr Member
Jr Member

Capricorn Bookworm

Back to top Go down

My sweet little boy tamed up really fast! Empty Re: My sweet little boy tamed up really fast!

Post by CallaLily Tue 27 Dec 2016, 8:13 am

Aww, he sounds so sweet. I've only had one boy mouse but he warmed up to me very quickly too. Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

My sweet little boy tamed up really fast! Empty Re: My sweet little boy tamed up really fast!

Post by dragonmyst Tue 27 Dec 2016, 8:51 am

I think I will probably only try to get boys. I like having just one mouse I can spoil to death, and being the centre of his world. The smell is a downside, but I think it is worth it.
dragonmyst
dragonmyst
Jr Member
Jr Member

Capricorn Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 10:44 am

As much as I try to downsize my pet situation... I find that I'm not willing to part with any of my resident groups. I love boy mice for the deep connection, I love girl mice for their antics/cuddle piles, and I have syrian/robo/dwarf hammies and I wouldn't want to be without one of each in the house at all times

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 27 Dec 2016, 11:11 am

Aww, that's such great news! It took my male a longer time to get used to me but by now, he's pretty tame. He loves to crawl up my sleeves or sit in my hood Very Happy

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonmyst Tue 27 Dec 2016, 12:00 pm

A lot of the time when I hold mice, I put my other hand next to him, slightly lower, and they always crawl into it, and I just keep repeating the process. They seem to like it as much as the wheel and ball
dragonmyst
dragonmyst
Jr Member
Jr Member

Capricorn Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 27 Dec 2016, 2:58 pm

I honestly find that how much a mouse loves you doesn't come down to gender in the end- it comes down to individual personality. A mouse won't be friendlier just cause they're a boy, and girls aren't standoffish. All the tamest mice I've had are girls, and even now my new girls have become tame way faster than either of my past boys. Sure, boys are somewhat more likely to be tame, but it's all about the individual. Gender really means nothing next to it.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonmyst Tue 27 Dec 2016, 10:30 pm

I know, but I really prefer to have one mouse at a time, and you can't really do that with girls.
dragonmyst
dragonmyst
Jr Member
Jr Member

Capricorn Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:12 am

Boys are great, you can bring so much personality out of them. Love It sounds like you've got a pretty awesome one already! I look foward to hearing more stories about him. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum