Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two?

2 posters

Go down

One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two? Empty One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two?

Post by Karrottcake Wed 04 Jan 2017, 9:26 pm

A week ago I got 3 new female mice all from the same litter. When I first got them my brown mouse, Toast, was very active on her own during the day and my two others, Sugar and Cream, stayed hidden. I chalked the behaviour up to the excitement/fear of being in a new space at first. My concern is that now even when Toast is sleeping during the day she wont go and be with the other two and she spends a lot of time huddled in one place out in the open during the day. Sometimes are better than others and I will find her sleeping with her sisters once in a while, but I'm still worried about her getting lonely.

They seem to be friendly enough to each other, there seems to be be a bit of dominance establishing going on but nothing too mean and no blood has been drawn. I'm wondering if the other two are closer to each other than they are to Toast? Should I be worried?

Karrottcake
Karrottcake

Fine

Back to top Go down

One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two? Empty Re: One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two?

Post by peas Thu 05 Jan 2017, 1:40 am

spends a lot of time huddled in one place out in the open during the day.

Is she perhaps sick?  Generally when mice are out in the open and aren't active for long periods, it means they are ill or in pain.  

If she is "huddled" and not sleeping i think there might be a fair chance she could be sick.   How active is she otherwise?   Does she seem less full of energy than the other mice?   There is a difference between "huddled" and not doing anything, and sitting in the corner and grooming for a long time! I've had mice that would groom themselves for nearly an hour. If she's just sitting there not doing anything, that would be worriesome.

When i first bought my mice, my mouse Thutmouse III seemed very calm and relaxed.  It turned out she was sick.

I would watch closely, if she's running and playing seems to be moving with good energy and agility like the other two, then maybe it's just a temperment thing.  

I wouldn't worry if she's not sick. They'll figure it out.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two? Empty Re: One of my mice doesn't seem to be bonding well with the other two?

Post by Karrottcake Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:29 am

Hmm when she's out in the open she's awake and not doing anything. She also runs a lot when the others are out but I'll definitely be watching her a lot closer.

Thank you very much Smile
Karrottcake
Karrottcake

Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum