Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is everything here safe?

3 posters

Go down

Is everything here safe? Empty Is everything here safe?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 08 Jan 2017, 11:51 pm

A few months ago I went to a little old feed store and came across this bag of hedgehog treats, and I bought them because I wanted the meal worms for the mice. I have just been picking out the meal worms for treats because I wasn't sure if the rest of the ingredients were safe. So, I was wondering if there was anything else in here that the mice could have? Here's a link to the product for anyone who's curious: https://www.petsolutions.com/C/Hedgehog-Treats/I/Sun-Seed-Vita-Prima-Trail-Mix-Treat-for-Hedgehogs.aspx?catargetid=520009670000580050&cadevice=t&gclid=CIzjiImutNECFQ5EfgodYykAew

And here's the list of ingredients:
Mealworms, Ground Corn, Dehydrated Celery, Puffed Millet, Dried Red Bell Peppers, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Dried Egg, Wheat Middlings, Ground Steamed-Rolled Oats, Vegetable Oil

I know celery is unsafe because it is stringy and can choke them somehow, but how about freeze dried?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Is everything here safe? Empty Re: Is everything here safe?

Post by scaredymouse Mon 09 Jan 2017, 5:47 am

Yep, it's all safe. Dehydrated celery is fine, it wont have the stringy things Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 11 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm

Speaking of celery and stringy bits being a choking hazard. I would imagine this problem would be solved by only offering them very small cut up pieces of celery. Thinking

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down