Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is she doing??

+2
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
6 posters

Go down

What is she doing?? Empty What is she doing??

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:07 am

Whenever I go in the room and make noise, Blossom will freeze in a funny position like a scared cat, and watch me. What in the world is she doing? Laughing

I actually have a photo of her doing it:
What is she doing?? Rosie_17

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

What is she doing?? Empty Re: What is she doing??

Post by Peachy Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:45 am

Maybe you're spooking her... or maybe she's trying to work out if you're coming over to visit with treats. lol If I move close to my girls, they stop what they're doing before getting really excited. Try talking to her.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 18 Jan 2017, 4:48 am

Yep, she is spooked. Mice have two reactions when they get spooked, run or freeze. She's trying to assess the situation and determine if she needs to run away or if she can carry on with her mousie business.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 18 Jan 2017, 5:05 am

My girls do that sometimes.They just can'f figure out f I'm their loving owner or if a crazy mouse sniper walkied into the room! Laughing

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Wed 18 Jan 2017, 9:53 pm

She's thinking. It takes a fair amount of brain power for them sometimes.

Generally it helps if you talk to them when they are like this, as soon as they are comfortable with you your smell or voice, whatever hits them first, is usually enough for them to get back to business.

Just like people some mice are more spookable than others. Most mice are fairly darty when you first get them but eventually they get used to you coming in and out.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:43 am

Yup, she's just spooked! I've got a lot of spook-happy mice right now, so I've gotten used to it. XD I usually just say hi to them and then go about my business.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum