Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbering

2 posters

Go down

Barbering Empty Barbering

Post by CallaLily Fri 27 Jan 2017, 9:52 am

I guess Celyn is over grooming Rina too.  Rolling Eyes  Time to shake up their routine.  First time dealing with barbering. Boredom is usually the culprit, right?  Celyn only very recently has taken over as alpha, which happened seemingly over night and with very little fuss.
Barbering 20170124
Hazel's spot (which has since regrown, though I'll check again today).
Barbering 20170125

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Barbering Empty Re: Barbering

Post by Peachy Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:22 am

Oh no, poor Hazel and Rina. Sad I've never dealt with barbering, but have read that it's usually more dominance or OCD than it is boredom, though boredom and stress can play a part in the displays of dominance/OCD showing up.

Changing routines and treating her like an OCD mouse would be my first try, try to find her a different habit to take up. But if that doesn't work, it's often recommended to separate the barberer until everyone's hair grows back fully. That's supposed to make her miss her friends and break the habit but apparently it can take a few tries, and it doesn't always work. @Brynne has talked a lot about all the "luck" she's had with her barberers. lol

I hope you're able to get her to stop.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

Thank you, Peachy! I'll see if I can keep her distracted. Hazel's has already grown back in some, so that's good right? And everyone has their whiskers.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum