Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walnut

4 posters

Go down

Walnut Empty Walnut

Post by Degare Wed 01 Feb 2017, 9:44 pm

Friday, both of my mice got sick.
I used body-heat to help revive them a bit, and hand-fed them some food.
Pumpkin got better. Walnut did not.

She got "kinda" better during the weekend, and it actually gave me hope that they would both get better, but then Walnut did a complete spin-around and deteriorated quickly again... This time worse.

Today (about 20 minutes ago) I made the decision to put her down.
I don't really want to explain her most recent condition... but I'm 100% confident that putting her down was the right choice. At any rate, she probably wouldn't have been alive come morning - but she didn't need to go through that another evening.

At the very least, Pumpkin seems unphased, and is continuing her fat and happy wheel-running etc.
I'm not sure what sort of "mouse cold" they got, but at least Pumpkin is fully recovered.
Degare
Degare

Artistic

Back to top Go down

Walnut Empty Re: Walnut

Post by CallaLily Thu 02 Feb 2017, 5:51 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sad

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 02 Feb 2017, 6:54 am

I'm so sorry to hear! Rest in peace, Walnut.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 02 Feb 2017, 11:07 am

I'm very sorry to hear about Walnut. I hope you and Pumpkin are doing okay. Make sure to keep a close eye on Pumpkin for any symptoms. URI's (upper respiratory infections) are very unpredictable. They can hit hard and fast or they can be mild and chronic. But most often, they require antibiotics to treat.

I'll sorry for your loss Sad

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum