Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Silky Siamese Sisters :)

+3
CallaLily
scaredymouse
Opalesce
7 posters

Go down

New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  Empty New Silky Siamese Sisters :)

Post by Opalesce Sat 11 Feb 2017, 9:45 pm

Long story short, a friend of mine is a manager of a local petstore and said that these little ladies were being picked on by the rest of the petstore meeces, and asked if I wanted them. So my boyfriend gave me his old hamster cage and I said yes. Smile They are in a separate room from Edgar in quarantine, and are a bit sneezy so I am assuming it's just something in my house they may be allergic to!! Regardless, I have a vet appt. booked for also sneezy Edgar on Tuesday so we'll see what happens.

They are named after two of my favourite things- opals and tea!! The first 4 are of Opal, who is quite small and friendlier than her sister, and the last 4 are of Camellia, who's a bit bigger, furrier, and quite shy. They're so skittish compared to Edgar, but with a little love I'm sure they'll warm up in no time.

New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8910
New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8911
New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8912
New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8913

New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8915
New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8916
New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8917
New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  _dsc8914
Opalesce
Opalesce
Jr Member
Jr Member

Leo Caffeine Fix
1st Place -- February 2017

Back to top Go down

New Silky Siamese Sisters :)  Empty Re: New Silky Siamese Sisters :)

Post by scaredymouse Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

Oh my goodness! Gorgeous!!! Fyi, sneezing is not uncommon for the first two weeks... It's actually called box shock. Keep an eye on them but most times it clear up.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Opalesce Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:40 pm

Thank you scaredymouse!! I love them <3

I am aware of boxshock, but it will be 2 weeks from the day I brought Edgar home this coming Tuesday and he's still very sneezy... I don't believe it's an RI because there's no nasal discharge or rattling noises from his lungs, but thought I'd bring him to the vet just in case. Smile Hoping it is just allergies for everyone, although Camellia is sneezing less than her sister.
Opalesce
Opalesce
Jr Member
Jr Member

Leo Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:03 am

Beautiful girls. Congrats on the new mice.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:29 pm

Lovely ladies! One of my all-time favorite mice, Musetta, was a Siamese, so I have a sofrt spot for them Kiss .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Opalesce Sun 12 Feb 2017, 4:38 pm

Thank you all! They are doing very well. Such cute little ladies.

I am just now realizing that they may be himalayans, as their points are a bit light and their eyes are slightly pink! I have no idea. If anyone's a pro with mouse coloring I'd definitely appreciate a comment Smile

Opalesce
Opalesce
Jr Member
Jr Member

Leo Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:12 pm

They're beautiful! I love satin mice, I had one a few years ago and haven't seen another since. Razz

I think siamese and himalayan both have pink eyes, the difference is the coat color... himalayan mice are supposed to be white and Siamese are supposed to be a sort of creamy beige. Without knowing genetics it'd probably be hard to say for sure either way.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Opalesce Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

Thank you Peachy! I wasn't aware siamese had pink eyes as well- but these little ones are very decidedly cream-coloured, so I guess I'll go with siamese for now. Smile

And I love silkies! I got lucky, I think- Opal and Camellia were the prettiest and only silkies in the pet store.
Opalesce
Opalesce
Jr Member
Jr Member

Leo Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:22 pm

You have gorgeous mice! They are super cute! You are really good with a camera, every time I try to get my mice to model, they come out as blurs because they move to fast. I especially love that last photo where she's peeking out at you from behind the strawberry! It's just so adorable. Her little brown nosey!~

Himalayan and Siamese are definitely my favorites as well. I have a whole bunch of short hair Himalayans, the only problem is... with all the identical markings, I can't tell them apart.

Last edited by Soren on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:07 am

Aaaah they're gorgeous! Jump Hearts
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down