Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if i had a guinea pig...

5 posters

Go down

if i had a guinea pig... Empty if i had a guinea pig...

Post by scaredymouse Wed 04 May 2016, 7:50 pm

you can bet your butt that I would dress him up like a caterpillar!!!

http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/costumes/all-living-things-small-pet-caterpillar-zid36-5246082/cat-36-catid-600101

so darn cute!
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

if i had a guinea pig... Empty Re: if i had a guinea pig...

Post by CallaLily Wed 04 May 2016, 7:59 pm

Laughing Cute! Guinea Pigs are adorable anyway. Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 04 May 2016, 8:03 pm

Poor guinea pig looks embarrassed. Laughing

(Hey, wonder who will post the 1000th post. lol)
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Wed 04 May 2016, 9:33 pm

A few years ago, there was a big controversy on the eBay discussion boards. It was over a chain maille suit of armour that someone made for a guinea pig!
Many posters were outraged that a real cavy was used as the model to sell the suit. Others were annoyed that the item was being bid up to several thousand dollars because the bidders were never going to pay if they 'won.'

I didn't care enough to see how it panned out in the end.

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 04 May 2016, 10:48 pm

Very few little animals truly don't mind having clothes on for a minute or two and I'm sure none of them like it. On top of that, I doubt most of these outfits are actually safe. That said, you guys know I have put my hamster in outfits that I made myself. And of all my hamsters, only Lucy put up with my shenanigans.

Chainmaille seems like a little much for a little cavy!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 05 May 2016, 8:24 am

That is so ridiculous... I can't help but love it Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Thu 05 May 2016, 10:08 pm

Scaredymouse, dolls would be an excellent outlet for your costuming hobby. I never grew out of my fandom of toys and dolls when I "grew up." I have six dolls at the moment. I'm not a crazy person who treats them as if they are real babies, but I have to admit that it is ADORABLE to change their little outfits twice a year. They have several pieces of preemie clothing that my own mother bought for them throughout the noughties. Even SHE found them irresistable!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 06 May 2016, 12:03 am

I don't really get around to making anything anymore. Plus Lucy was a one of a kind ham. And that was back in the olden days when I just had one hamster and three mice! I had so much spare time. I've been spending my time decorating the tanks and building acrylic shelves for them and wooden structures. I've also just started working on my garden, so that will keep me busy for the summer.

I have so much time on my hands that I find myself getting into all kinds of stuff I never knew I was interested in. Today, I spent the whole day working on my broken pot fairy garden. Not a bad way to spend the day. I just love miniature stuff Smile

http://www.boredpanda.com/broken-pot-fairy-garden/

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 06 May 2016, 8:51 am

That's so pretty. What a great idea. You'll have to share pictures of yours when it's finished. I am horrible with plants. I've even managed to kill pothos, twice!  I hear that takes a special kind of talent. Laughing

Brynne, I have my grandmother's doll but I'm always so afraid of breaking her so she just sits in her original outfit that the doll Dr carefully washed and placed back on her when I had her booboos fixed. My Gran would make her outfits and change her now and then when she was alive. She always used her as an example of why I should take better care of my toys.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 06 May 2016, 4:10 pm

The fairy garden is a really neat idea! I'd love to see pictures of yours, too. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down