Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is "normal" when a mouse bites you?

2 posters

Go down

What is "normal" when a mouse bites you? Empty What is "normal" when a mouse bites you?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 15 Feb 2017, 1:38 am

Scout bit me on my finger earlier and immediately after he bit me I washed my finger with water and put Neosporin on it, then bandaged it. It kept throbbing and stinging, so I took the bandage off and it was pretty swollen. I put ice on it and I kept ice on it for a few hours. It is still swollen and still stinging a little. Is it normal for a mouse bite to sting and swell quite a bit? He bit me as hard as he could and it was pretty deep. I've only been bit twice so I'm just not sure what "normal" is... what is everyone else's experiences with mouse bites?

What is "normal" when a mouse bites you? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

What is "normal" when a mouse bites you? Empty Re: What is "normal" when a mouse bites you?

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

I have never been bitten that hard by a mouse... I've had a mouse or two draw blood but nothing severe. Not even worth running to the sink or putting a band aid on. Other than a bit of soreness, its like it never happened.

I do get bit quite a lot by hamsters due to the fact that I have to give my diabetic hamsters insulin shots. Geez, one day I got bit 5 times by my little lady and drew blood on each one. But to be honest, I don't even bother to wash them out. By the time leave the critter room and wash my hands they are already closed. I never have a reaction other than localized soreness, never any type of swelling. That little dwarf hammie bites so hard! She bites as hard as she can and just hangs from my hand until she feels like letting go!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum