Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions? :)

4 posters

Go down

Suggestions? :) Empty Suggestions? :)

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:52 am

So in another thread I said I was planning to get a trio of girls to go in a ten gallon. We went to the pet store today but there was only one girl all by herself in the small pet section, and in the reptile section they said they wouldn't sell the feeder mice as pets Confused Lol, that was really weird. Anyway, I got everything else I needed, and the cage is all ready! Just empty and waiting for some girls. Here's the pictures, any suggestions on things to add or improvements?
Suggestions? :) Mice_c10
Suggestions? :) Mice_c11

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Suggestions? :) Empty Re: Suggestions? :)

Post by Peachy Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:48 am

It looks good, how exciting. You could try a braided fleece rope to climb up to/down from the hammock. My girls love them, and it's fun to watch them use it.

I hope you find some girls soon, I can't wait to meet them! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:44 am

Not selling feeder mice as pets? Maybe it's because they know they won't be healthy and don't want to be held accountable. Hopefullly you can find a nice trio!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 20 Feb 2017, 1:41 pm

EverythingAnimal wrote:Not selling feeder mice as pets? Maybe it's because they know they won't be healthy and don't want to be held accountable. Hopefullly you can find a nice trio!
Well, they explained to me that the feeder mice and the pet mice come from the same place. However, they keep the pet mice in a tank for a week and watch for symptoms of illness, and if they don't show any illnesses when the week is up, they are put in the pet mouse tank. I thought that was pretty cool to find out, since most pet stores wouldn't care if they sold you a sick animal. That's probably why all my mice from that pet store have always been healthy. In their reviews, I've seen several people say they've gotten all their rats from there and they've passed away peacefully of old age with no health problems. Same with hamsters. So that's why I always choose this pet store. They seem to care for the animal's health more. So you might be right.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 21 Feb 2017, 8:29 pm

I love all of the MES, so cute!

The tank looks pretty full except for by the wheel. I did this once with Rogue's cage, but it's going to be kind of hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot:

So push the side of the wheel with the clips at the bottom completley up against the wall. Then, sandwich a paper towel tube between the shorter wall and the wheel. Cut a hole in the paper towel tube on the side of the wheel that has no clips. Stuff a toilet paper tube into the hole on the paper towel tube. Add as many layers as you want, cutting holes in the tubes for access to the different layers.

Ah, I found a picture!
On the left side of the picture
Suggestions? :) Img_2010
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down