Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving me bedding?

+3
CinnamonPearl
scaredymouse
EverythingAnimal
7 posters

Go down

Giving me bedding? Empty Giving me bedding?

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 04 May 2016, 8:04 pm

I first noticed this when taming, but have not really thought about it untill now. Ofentimes, If my hand is in the tank for whatever reason, each of my mice will start to pick up bedding one by one and place it in my hand, or sometimes digging up the bedding around it. I've never heard of mice buying a hand before, so I was wondering if anyone else has experianced this and why they might be doing it. I thought it might be something about my hand not smelling like them, so it is an alternitive to marking? but I don't know. Opinions? Thanks in advance.
EverythingAnimal
EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Giving me bedding? Empty Re: Giving me bedding?

Post by scaredymouse Wed 04 May 2016, 8:09 pm

My critters do that sometimes. I can't say for certain what it means... but I know that critters tend to bury things that they want to hide and save for later. So..... I like to think that they are affectionately saving me for later.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 05 May 2016, 5:43 am

Mabel does that to me as her way of telling me to get lost. Laughing

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Windmilla Thu 05 May 2016, 7:15 am

scaredymouse wrote:My critters do that sometimes.  I can't say for certain what it means... but I know that critters tend to bury things that they want to hide and save for later.  So..... I like to think that they are affectionately saving me for later.

I like this theory Laughing
Windmilla
Windmilla
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 05 May 2016, 8:43 am

Are these new mice? When I first got Honey, I put my hand on the floor of her cage so that she could give me a sniff. She came over, sniffed me, and buried my entire hand in the litter Laughing I feel like she didn't know quite what to make of me.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Thu 05 May 2016, 9:26 am

scaredymouse wrote:My critters do that sometimes.  I can't say for certain what it means... but I know that critters tend to bury things that they want to hide and save for later.  So..... I like to think that they are affectionately saving me for later.

scaredymouse, That's the cutest thing I've ever heard!

EverythingAnimal,
My mice have never given me bedding, and I'm not sure what that means.
Maybe they are trying to make a mouse bed in your hands. Or like scaredymouse said, they want to bury you and save you for later (affectionately).
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Thu 05 May 2016, 8:12 pm

All good thoughts! I like to think that it is an affectionite thing too, scaredy. They are not realitively new, I got them around last Thanksgiving, and thay are hand-tame and all and have done this since I got them, perticularly Astra, but Ellie does it often too. My third mouse, Suzie, Has only done it once or twice if at all (I can't remember) and she is the newiest, and not completley tame yet.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Mon 30 May 2016, 5:37 pm

I wanted to laugh at this because a- it sounded adorable and b- it has to be true! Bouncy
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum